Anyone read comic books?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by PurpleDelirium, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Sorry bro, I was never really dug into DC at all but you should check out comicvine. That site keeps everything up to date and has been reviewing tons of DC

I LOVED Ghost Rider. The 2006 series was so awesome until it hit issue 20 and the writers sold it to a new author. I still read threw that series every once in a while.

Sadly, I haven't gotten around to picking up the X-men Schism series I ordered like 2 months ago so it's still sitting at the shop waiting lol. I'll get to it eventually, I've missed out on so many good issues on my bucket list though.

2. I've been reading the New 52 stuff. It's good. The origin stories are modernized, which actually ends up feeling like a breath of fresh air.

Other than that, I'm more into dark comics. I love the Fairytales adaptations. Love Walking Dead. Anything kind of morbid really, but nothing too extreme. I saw a new series the other day that looked cool at first, but about halfway in there are naked women sliced down the middle in numerous panes. It was too much for me. Kudos if you like that type of art direction, but it's not for me. I don't care if it is described to me, but I don't want to see it.

Other than that, I read Star Wars comics. My wife and I collect them. We have hundreds of them. It's insane (you should see our Star Wars books collection).

3. i saw the walking dead comics but didnt get any because i have never seen the tv show? are they mutually exclusive or should i start watching the show? Also what are some other good dark ones?

i love star wars is there a "legit" book or "title" to follow or are they all pretty much decent?

Im not loyal to DC or anything it was just they were easy to pick out off the shelf and i didn't have to hunt anything down.

4. [quote name='"makinthelul420"']

i saw the walking dead comics but didnt get any because i have never seen the tv show? are they mutually exclusive or should i start watching the show? Also what are some other good dark ones?

i love star wars is there a "legit" book or "title" to follow or are they all pretty much decent?

Im not loyal to DC or anything it was just they were easy to pick out off the shelf and i didn't have to hunt anything down.[/quote]

The show and the comic are different enough that you would enjoy both. As far as Star Wars books go, I personally like them. There are probably over 100. The Hand of Thrawn trilogy is a good place to start. Otherwise, stick with the books that are part of a series. Much more interesting. The only stand alone book I suggest is "I, Jedi" by Michael A. Stackpole.

5. I'm gonna have to pick up some walking dead when I get the chance. I saw they are doing a reboot of a godzilla series so I definitely wanna check that out too