Anyone read comic books?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by PurpleDelirium, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Anyone like to read some comic books when you're stoned? It's been a little while for me because I've got a job interview coming up, but last time I toked I smoked a couple joints and just dug into some comic books hahaha, letting out that inner nerd. Am I the only one who does this? I read a little bit of everything, marvel is my favorite though. Silver surfer and ghost rider are my shit :smoke:

2. Yeah, I do

DC just relaunched their entire line with all #1s and I'm strictly a DC reader, so it's been a cool month for me

Got out of work just a little too late to pick up the stuff on my pull list for this week but I have a day off tomorrow so I'll be grabbing them then

I'm most excited about The Savage Hawkman

[​IMG]

3. Yeah I heard all about that, I never was into too much of DC but have been thinking about picking up a few issues of something to give it a try. I guess with the whole relaunch thing going on, now would be the best time huh?

4. You bet it is

Check out Batwoman if you want to see some of the best artwork ever by JH Williams III

5. read a few hulk and spiderman comics wayyyy back in the day (90s)that were awesome so I have thought of getting back into them. Is there any place online I can get/read them?

6. I'll be sure to look out for it, and now that I take a second look at the picture you posted I remember being intrigued by hawkman when I was younger but never really knew anything bout him. I might have to grab that too haha

And Exodus I buy mine online at milehighcomics

7. is milehighcomics free?

8. Oh, no but it's a good way too catch up on old issues if you're willing to spend the cash. Most of the comics from the 90's aren't too much so if that's what you're looking to read you could look there, but i don't know anything bout downloading them off the internet to read

9. I fly my nerd flag proudly. I miss my collection, I had some gems. Spawn was a huge favorite while growing up. Right now it's all about The Walking Dead.

10. Spider-Man, X-Men= WIN. I love comic books :)

11. Always wanted to but never did.........................................:(

12. I used to read comic books. Best days of my life, man.

13. when i was like 12 i read some spider man comics..they were awesome :D

14. I LOVE Spawn. I've got the original movie comic signed by the the Penciller and inker. I don't have any from the original series which I know, is blasphemy but one day I want to work my way up on collecting the whole series. Spawn "Simony" is one of my favorite comics too, such amazing art.

15. nothing new, but i have just about every comic marvel put out in the 90s.

16. Met Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko (in the 70's) . :)
    Are they ever going to do a Dr. Strange Movie:confused: Besides the cringe worthy made for TV one from '78?

17. I know Marvel made an animated one, doesn't really count though lol

18. I found this, which looks promising

Thor Pays Tribute to Arthur C. Clarke

19. I can definitely see it happening, they are making a sequel to ghost rider I found out so I don't see why they wouldn't give Doctor Strange a go. I have mixed feelings about the Ghost Rider movie, apparently it's going to be written to have a darker and more serious feel. I don't know too much about Doctor Strange but I'd hope they'd give a darker more "hell-boy"ish feel to it. I'd be disappointed if they didn't. I really take marvel films seriously lol, I was pissed when they picked Nicolas Cage for gh.

I always wanted to read into deadpool but I have no idea where to start :(