Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone quit for an extended period?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kcannibal, Jan 18, 2014.

1. I went from growing and smoking heavily for a few years to only an occasional toke a few times a year for the past few years. Too many life and career issues to sort out.

I've finally got a good long-term deal going again, and with retail legalization, when I get a chance, I'll pick up an 8th for an occasional toke. I enjoy a buzz now and then, but won't go ever to back to chronic use, too many other better ways to spend my time.

2. 5 months deep. It wasn't difficult, and when my stoner friends asked for me to take a hit I could say no very easily. 

3. yeah...I'm on one right now lol. been about 5 months so far.

I can quit anytime no problem, sometimes I don't want to, sometimes I know I've gotta get shit done and will just take a break. no stress no pressure, 3 days to get back in the loop if I've been smoking everyday and I'm good til whenever. hoping to smoke again v soon, looking forward to it.

4. Stopped blazing for about 100 days prior to getting a job. Thought they would drug test me (fortune 100 company) but no sir. As soon as I realized they weren't going to test me I went home and smoked one of the fattest gorilla fingers of my life. Was a treat. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Hello, my name is paul and it has been 9 months and 21 days, and 23 hours and 52 mins since I've smoke weed.

6. 3 Months longest I have gone I had to save up money for rent cant relax and smoke weed without a roof over your head lol

7. I'm on exactly 3 weeks of not getting high. I got fuckin busted and got 6 months of probation. No bud until july 31st. It sucks.

8. I am currently on month 6 of being weed free for probation. I don't mind it, but I can't really hang with any of my friends because all they do is smokeSent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I quit for a year and a half in high school, but was never a huge fan before that. Came back 2 years ago and been smoking daily since.

I take a week t break here and there but have yet to make it more than 7 days without either:

1. Ending up at a friends house or a party and getting offered a rip/puff, and in a social situation my mind says "eh, you're not smoking at home alone, it's social, you love it, fuck it!"

2. Having a stressful ass week and knowing that's my #1 way to unwind

10. i try sometimes but i dont have the willpower :cry: :smoking:

11. Never quite that long OP, but I recently quit for a month, smoked for a week, then quit for two more months.  It really isn't as bad as you'd think as a daily smoker.  The first week or two is pretty rough.  Things seem really boring and you think about it a lot.  After that though you don't think that much of it.  It's a bit tempting when you're around it or smell it, but nothing that anyone with half-decent self-control can't manage.  Even when I was on my hiatus, I'd still check out new strains my dealer would pick up (take a whiff, look at a bud under the light, etc.) and occasionally pick it up for my friends and never had a problem.  Other than that I tried to stay away from environments where I knew a lot of bud would be smoked for the most part, but if my friends were rolling up to smoke I'd just walk outside and smoke a cig without too much temptation.  Don't get me wrong, going even as long as I did without bud sucks.  Still it's nothing like trying to quit addictive unmentionables or even cigarettes.  If you have a good reason to quit and have and will-power at all, you can stay away from it without any problems.

12. No.  Not since I started smoking.

13. Well... I smoked once when I was like 16, then didn't touch it because I thought it was dangerous. Researched it when I was 18, and at that point was smoking maybe 3 or 4 times a week because I wasn't sure about the extent of any negative health effects. Later, I learned how well marijuana controlls my GERD, Irritable Bowel, Acid Reflux, AND my TMJ pains, and began smoking daily from about 18.5-21 yo (present). I took one 4month long break to convince myself that I was not suffering from a psychological addiction, and after that I've pretty much smoked daily except for a few occasions. Normally I take business trips and professional development seminars for my career every year, for 4-5 days at a time, and I normally don't smoke at all during that time. Typically all the stored THC/CBD in my system is enough to keep my stomach in a managable state until I get home. Other than that I will, once in a while, take a 24hour break from marijuana if I feel my tolorance is too high. That sets it back pretty low. That's pretty much my smoking life.  

14. Couple months here and there while looking for jobs back in the day.

15. Just started smoking again after about a year of abstinence.  Sucked for the first few weeks but not a big deal, nothing in comparison with quitting other substances.  

16. Currently about 2 months in to a force t break that is about to end. Most people say you stop wanting to do it. That didn't happen for me. I've wanted so badly to smoke most days since I've quit, but I've done really well regardless. I've had a quad sitting in my drawer for the last 2-3 weeks and haven't touched it despite all my "cravings"

17. I'm currently on the last month of an 18 month probation sentence. Before I quit I was a daily toker for 3 years straight so my body didn't handle it very well at first. The first month my body had horrible withdrawals such as night sweats, loss of appetite, insomnia, fatigue, etc. This didn't last too long as my body got used to not getting anymore THC. I have become way more productive since quitting but have lost my creativity and some critical thinking abilities. All my friends smoked so we drifted a bit since we didn't hang out as much but my real friends are still in my life so thats nothing to worry about. I do plan on smoking again in March when I'm off probation but I never plan on smoking as much as I used to (Eighth to Quarter a day) because I believe I have found a good balance in my life where I can be highly productive and just reward myself with smoking instead of letting my life revolve around it like it used to. 

18. I "officially" quit an everyday habit on November 26th. I've smoked probably ten times since then, but still, I quit. I'm going to start up again in a few months, but I just don't see a place for it in my life right now.

With hindsight and a sober head, I think I was addicted to a certain degree, and the first week of quitting SUCKED. But the past few months have been better than when I was high all the time.

19. im just over here wondering why all these people that say they have quit are on a marijuana forum.....