Anyone prefer the government to keep their hands off cannabis?

Discussion in 'General' started by camram, Oct 11, 2011.

1. I'm seeing a lot of these legalization commercials. TBH, I'd rather keep this a state issue. First, I think national legalization is basically saying herb is equal to alcohol but this is so not true because it's also medicine. Also, I can see full scale legalization raising prices due to taxes.

If cigs can be sold at $10/pack, what would the government try to get from pot smokers?

2. Until the feds do something on a national level
    regarding the legal status of cannabis
    there really isn't much the states can do

3. I disagree because they're thriving communities in California, Colorado, Oregon and Washington.

4. Until more states rally around medical cannabis
    and FORCE the feds hand on this issue
    the feds can (and will) come in and fuck with them

the feds MUST change their status of cannabis before any real change can happen.

5. Decriminalize it at least.

For them to legalize it would be a stretch.

6. All medicinal marijuana states should secede.

War over Weed, sounds righteous.

7. I just think the mmj states are doing so well with it that I would hate for the government to screw it up.

8. $10 for 20 joints?

Sign me the fuck up

9. Because the Federal government is (or, rather, was) letting them.

Federal preemption

10. Yeah, keeping it a states issue doesn't work. The federal government could deregulate it making it a state's decision, but then the federal government will demand their cut and regulate it how they want to, or else the states wont receive coveted federal funding. Just like alcohol.... All states reserve the right to make the drinking age whatever they want, yet they are all at 21 because the federal government will not fund states for things like roads or education, unless it is atleast 21.

So if it was up to the states it might as well be up to the federal government. I'd rather have blanket legalization.

11. I think the more important issue is that we need to either get rid of the Federal Government, overhaul it, or have them deal with foreign issues and can not interfere with states unless that ask for help.

12. We need Direct Democracy.

13. In a perfect world maybe. Too bad the majority of people on this one are completely ridiculous.

14. Is there a new federal push I did not hear about?

15. Wait, your not talking about thriving dispensary's that are closing in 48 days?

Yes there all closing. No dispensary's anymore.

16. I agree fully :wave:

Vote for Ron Paul if you want these kind of changes :hello:

17. I'm in favor of Ron Paul, just remember..he's a politician..there job is to lie and change a few things every now and then ;)

18. Or they could, you know, abide by the 10th Amendment

Obama Declares War on MMJ

19. decriminalization>legalization for the common pot smoker
    but legalization boosts economy, and stops many killings having to do with cartels

20. #20 Toki Da Tyga, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
    Except that 1. My vote doesn't count. The popular vote does not elect the president.

2. The "president" is just a glorified spokesperson for the government, he has no real power.

3. I don't trust Ron Paul. He may be consistent and may do a few things if he were elected. Well, my ole' buddy Adolf was the same way at first.

"decriminalization>legalization for the common pot smoker"

Except where I live (New York State) it is "decriminalized" yet I can still go to jail for simple possession and it getting caught could still fuck up my life. Full legalization or none at all. Decriminalization is just a pawn to try and make pot smokers happy and not bother wanting full legalization.