Anyone pre-order a Cybertruck?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Bob Barker, Sep 18, 2020.

1. I cannot afford a 100.000$ new truck, a new electric truck that costs150000 to 300.000would meet my needs is not going to happen in my life time
    Friend of mine has the fiat 500e and the e bike i think thats the name .
    The fiat has done a great job the e bike is in the shop and has been for 7 months solid .
    The bike was less then 4 months old and started having issues.

I don't believe any electric pick up or hiway commercial truck is going to hit the market without serous bugs.
    Not so sure if Hydrogen is not at least partially the answer.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I’m full time in a class B, I’m always boondocking.

3. #23 Bob Barker, Nov 4, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    #1 I feel Tesla builds the most reliable EV vehicle. I wouldn’t buy a Ryobi car.

#2 I most likely won’t fill this preorder and I’ll get a refund. BUT there is a huge chance cybertrucks will resale for more then MSRP just like the plaids we’re selling for $50k over. More delays the better. That gives FSD more time to develop. LVL 5 FSD will cost a lot of money and I have a chance to buy it at $7k. I’m happy with that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I hope she wasn’t to surprised about the delays. That N74 does look nice. More delays the better IMO. Once FSD actually works I view the value similar to a New York taki medallion. It will have so many use cases, not just taking Bob to work.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dave lee just explained this very well.

6. This fall those shiny ass cybertrucks will be zipping around!

7. #27 DaPhats, Sep 23, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
    It's kinda curious why the mainstream media isn't picking up this story. It's right up there with VW's emissions scandal IMO.

They're overstating the range of their vehicles and ignoring customer complaints. They've setup a team to cancel service appointments for range issues.

Tesla’s secret team to suppress thousands of driving range complaints

Tesla was fined earlier this year by South Korean regulators who found the cars delivered as little as half their advertised range in cold weather. Another recent study found that three Tesla models averaged 26% below their advertised ranges.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. It's widely known that electric car batteries perform way worse in the cold. Surely they've got some level of covering their ass in the fine print. I wouldn't be surprised if they have enough to not get in trouble for it. And if not they'll just pay their fines and not even care. Sad but true.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 5 more days until we get specs and prices!

haters will hate but the cybertruck is FUCKING SWEET.

10. I think it's ok. Has 90s graphics, which is going for it.
    A lot of the reviews of it going offroad, were bad.
    I like offroading so that would be important for me.

11. I'd rather buy scratch offs

12. I wouldn't waste my money.

13. Perfect design ,,, looks just like box with windows. total flop in looks .. hope it runs better then it looks .

14. They showed an accident one was involved in, and the truck was near undamaged while the other vehicle was pretty banged up in the front.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I hate everything about it. The looks, the steering wheel, the touch screen controls, the angled bed rails, the camera rear view mirror, etc. But to each their own. If someone wants to shell out that kinda money who am I to disagree with them. It's their money and they can do what they want with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Will you help me buy one tho?

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Who has seen one in person? I saw one last week and they look amazing, like rolling art. If you “hate” this vehicle I feel sorry for you.

18. The title of the thread is "Anyone pre-order a Cyber truck?" It's not "Who likes Cyber trucks?" Have you ordered one? Doubtful. Yes, they look amazing but is that the extent of your review? You pity others based on their opinion of the esthetics of a truck? Take a toke and relax.

• Like Like x 1
  19. uh looks like you could relax.

20. If you like this vehicle I feel sorry for you :p

• Funny Funny x 1