Anyone playing Diablo 3?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by ThaCrakken, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Title basically explains the thread!

Have any of you been playing? If so, what classes do you play?
    I've been struggling playing a demon hunter, but ive been maining a wizard.

Not many people seem to be playing but idgaf, it's a good game imo...

Sent from my ST26a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I haven't played much since August, but I'm sure I'll be back a few months before RoS comes out. I have a 60(100) barb, 60(28) barb, 60(62) monk, 60(10) hardcore monk, 60(25) demon hunter, 60(15) witch doctor, and a 60(20) wizard.

3. PC or Console?:p

4. i leveled a demon hunter to 60 but i haven't played d3 in a long time since pvp didnt come out 

and by now i feel like players all have awesome items and it'd be hard to get into it

5. i have a lvl 25 monk and a 55 wizard. played through the campaign more times then i care to remember. honestly i enjoyed/am still enjoying torchlight 2 100% more. if you're playing on pc give it a shot!

i'll probably play the new diablo expansion since i have a few friends who'd play with me but other then that the game is meh now.

6. Diablo 2 was million times better. The hell unleashed mod was sick. I played d3 to make money but the expansion getting rid of trading I doubt id play it. Goin back to sc2

Sent from my LGL55C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Just bought it yesterday for Playstation and I have a level 8 wizard.

Question: With a wizard, if I have a sword with 11 damage, will my attack be 11 damage based on the sword? Even though the wizard doesn't use the weapon but carries it?

8. I play a bit on Xbox 360, main wizard like 60 (25) or something Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I used to play 1,2 (& expansion pack) hardcore when I was a kid haha; dope fucking game, I wanna get it in ps3; but I'm not too sure tbh; is it only online you can play or whats the deal; might watch a load of trailers before I buy, just to be on the safe side

I think the consoles have an offline mode.

11. That game was POS

12. [quote name="Buddha_Man" post="19086973" timestamp="1385996662"]Just bought it yesterday for Playstation and I have a level 8 wizard.Question: With a wizard, if I have a sword with 11 damage, will my attack be 11 damage based on the sword? Even though the wizard doesn't use the weapon but carries it?[/quote]Ya its based on the swords dmg. I recommend you start getting wizard gear stuff like a wand and an offhand item. Swords have zero benefit for a wizard.

13. Great game but the gold glitch ruined the market place. Even worse is when they took out the AH/RMAH. Good god what have you done blizzard?

14. #14 Darkstarncw, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013

Your weapon damage is more important than what type of item it is. Other than Chantodos for CM/WW, I don't think my Wizard has ever used a wand.

Obviously this is just my own opinion, but removing the ability to pay to win is one of the best things to happen to this arpg. It incentivized botting, buying gold/gear, and/or flipping, none of which should be the "easy" way to gear up. For mmo's I understand the point of buying gold, but for a game with only one purpose(finding items), it blows my mind that people would invest money into something that effectively ends the game more quickly. When I was playing more frequently, I spent more time flipping items on the auction house than actually playing the game because it was the path of least resistance after about paragon 50. In well over 1000 hours of gameplay, I've found 2 items that I've used at any point, and only a handful of items that were worth more than 500m gold. I would much rather be playing for my gear than screwing over players who are unaware of how the economy functions.

I actually just got a wand off the Skeleton King which i'll be using til i get something more powerful. Right now I'm still in the first town, Tamarath or whatever it's called, and those merchants have the shittiest gear.

Yes, im an RPG noob lol

16. #16 Subliminal Jazz, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
    @[member="Darkstarncw"]
    hmm but now that i'm thinking about it i have never seen a sword have wizard stats. sure you could find a sword that has more damage output but the stats are much more vital.

@[member="Buddha_Man"]

dude that's honestly the main reason diablo annoys the ever living shit out of me. All the in-game items are pure and utter shite. Which defeats the whole purpose of the f'ing game in the first place. I have never found a good lasting piece of gear in-game. what i usually do is when i hit 20-25 i start buying items from the AH and never use an item i find ingame ever again. cos lets face it, they are infinitely better. I suggest you do the same or you'll be running into problems later on. 

it's that one mechanic alone that ruined the entire game for me. That's why i think torchlight 2 trumps diablo 3 in almost every way. All the gear you find is relevant and you never feel like your grinding, its a constant flow of items to bring you along rather then having to stop everything your doing and hit the auction house and hope whatever you spend all your money on lasts you long enough. Horrible game design on blizzards part.

17. #17 ravrdude, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013

Some people, like myself, are natural business people. I was able to pay some bills playing this game and selling items that dropped. It was a great source of income for many people. No wonder no one plays it anymore; no incentive to make money. I'd rather play a game for money than for free, because I could just be out working overtime.

18. Some people, like myself, are natural business people. I was able to pay some bills playing this game and selling items that dropped. It was a great source of income for many people. No wonder no one plays it anymore; no incentive to make money. I'd rather play a game for money than for free, because I could just be out working overtime.

[/QUOTE] 
    If you actually made money off drops, you're one of the luckiest people in the game. It has very little to do with being a "natural business person", because almost anyone interested could flip items if they bothered to watch the market for a day. Video game economies are traditionally extremely easy to manipulate. The problem is that the point of the game for 99% of players isn't to make money or waste time fiddling on an auction house, it's to run around and slay demons while gathering items to increase your character's power. By pushing the auction house with a specific set of currencies, we removed the core element of the game(killing monsters to progress) and replaced it with swiping a credit card to jump right to the end. And if you never touched the auction house at all, it would take months(minimum, some people would never find the gear) to be able to complete inferno mp10 due to the drops being balanced around the existence of the AH.

In RoS, the removal of the auction house is being coupled with a much better loot mechanism. Less gear drops overall, but the gear that does drop has a smaller range of stats/damage and has a chance to be tailored to your class when it drops. Legendaries and gold will be BoA, so bots will disappear, and the dependence on out of game resources will evaporate. The game will finally be catered to the majority of players who want to be rewarded for their play time. After an overwhelmingly negative response to the Auction House, the developers have admitted it was one of the worst things they'd ever implemented in a game, and are making great strides to rectify the situation.

With that being said, I understand your views towards the auction house, but its removal is only negative to a brutally tiny percentage of the playerbase. I made billions of gold manipulating people's lack of understanding of this virtual economy, but in the end I think I'll be much happier without the hassle. The "incentive to make money" existed for so few people at any point, that it would have been irresponsible for the developers to not cater to the masses instead of the digital tycoons. To each their own though  :bongin:

19. Im really struggling with the dh, idk what it is. But im playing on xbox. I wish the pvp was better. But for what it's worth my gamertag is free1willybig anyone's ever down to play, im a relatively low level after wiping out my main character like an idiot, but the future for d3 for Xbox 360 doesent look good :(Sent from my ST26a using Grasscity Forum mobile app