Anyone play the stock market?

Discussion in 'General' started by Nerd139, Sep 1, 2019.

1. e0b1cc1da3bfb9df2411f8232e11ccd1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. What’s that

3. And the cycle just keeps repeating..

4. Elder Scrolls series of games. There are cat people known as Khajit who speak in a jamaican accent...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. "NO TING TO WORRY BOUT MON"~~~~~~~~:love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I never played video games much.. I played the exchanges..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just wait, trump will tweet something negative. Market will dive and I will buy.

BL

• Like Like x 2
  8. That;s alllllll I need to hear........:love-m3j:

9. I hear ya, but big business will never, ever go away....who the fuck knows what will be invemted/created in the future, but if you aint living and dying by the Market, buy big stocks, get some dividend growers, smoke a few fattys, and watch your money, and grass grow..it can be slow go, but. I don't know about you, but I am walking a marathon, not sprinting too anything...

• Like Like x 3
  10. How can you trust them? these people accept your money but they don't tell you where its going then they can just say anything.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #51 puddleglum, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    That's.... not how it works at all. For example if you invest in a S&P 500 fund, you own those specific 500 companies on the list. It's not a mystery where the money goes.

12. It is for a mutual fund. They dont tell you where the money went at all.

13. I don't fully trust it, I just know so far it just keeps going up...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. #54 puddleglum, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    You're quite mistaken. Mutual funds are required by the SEC to disclose their holdings on a quarterly basis. For example the FZROX fund I mentioned earlier publishes a "Monthly Holdings Report" that breaks it down in excruciating detail. I know where every single penny in my 401k goes. Can you please give a specific example of a "they don't tell you where its going then they can just say anything" fund?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Agreed, Just get an account that you can manage. Etrade, Scotrade, or any large investment companies give you total control over your $$ if you invest with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I had growth funds that kept going up too until they reversed quickly. We don’t think about preservation in bull markets but you’ll hear a lot of it when the market crashes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Deadly game..so no...it's the pot game, inconsequential.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CNBC had a special called Cannibis Inc that airs at 6 today. Should be interesting. This week is looking to be recession talk and traders going up 200 or down the same.

19. Native American for me. No fucking idea why either.

20. I currently have way too much money invested in Silver...

Basically, I was having coffee at a Tim Hortons early one morning and these old folks were all grouped up yelling and laughing, until the group left, all but one guy who looked like he wanted to have a conversation, so he approached me and we spoke for about an hour. During our conversation, the stock market came up and he told me at some point, Silver was going to blow up and talked about some reasons why, most of which I was completely unaware of... Like most people if I was going to invest in anything, would of been gold.

So yeah, now I am waiting for this alleged boom to take place.

• Like Like x 1