Anyone play Magic The Gathering?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Noxnoctum, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Dope, what commanders?

2. Just learned how to play, and went out and bought my first deck the next morning lol. I WAS addicted, but have no one to play with :( except my bro in law, and he won't play anymore because I'm too competitive (i.e. trash talker lol). So it's just sitting there on the shelf.

3. Check for card/hobby shops in your area, they usually do Friday night magic if they have a big community in the area.

4. There is a place I know of, but the hubby works 12 hrs a day, and I don't really know anyone else who'd be willing to go.

5. Buy easy to play premade decks and get people hooked

6. Prerelease of the gatecrash set is tomorrow, if you go to the official events at shops they're giving out a lot of cool shit and you get to play in the tournament with a gatecrash deck

7. Yeah the sealed deck tournaments. I've been meaning to find one to go to.

8. And I thought I was the only one. :D

My best friend and I played all three magic games stoned as fuck last summer. It was a total blast. The only thing I hated was beating that motherfucker Nicol Bolas. What a prick. :p

9. i used to play shitload a long time ago....i had cards with black borders

10. Yea I played a lot about 10-12 years ago when I was little. Not sure what happened to my cards but I had a sick phantom deck. :)

11. Shits cray now, so many new elements

12. Magic is the shit

13. Love magic, just recently had a friend get me into it. Beat some people at a Friday night magic event last week. Got a mean illusion control deck.

14. I play commander in my play group, my favorite format by far, I use the mimeoplasm and make him a 21/21 with flying/trample/life link/indestructible for a one hit kill

15. I fuckin love MTG, I play a modified green ramp deck that splashes black. I've been using Vorinclex, Garruck Primal Hunter, and Doomgape as my big cards. Doomgape is just there for the massive +10 to my health when I sac him on upkeep. Then I can use Creeping Renaissance to bring him back out and rinse/repeat.

16. On occasion I make my commander vorinclex for the mana boost, most of my creatures are over 6 for cvm

17. Vorinclex is hands down the best preator IMO. He has been a game changer for me so so so many times. The mass amount of control you put on your opponent if they tap out while he is in play. The double mana you gain has let me play the most mana intensive combos in my deck. Oh lawdy I love him haha. When I found him at my local gaming store for $1.99 I felt like I hit the lottery :hello: