Anyone own an iPod?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mustard, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Or use iTunes? Because I'm having troubles. I just got an 60GB iPod Photo, but iTunes it taking for-fucking-ever to rip my CDs to ALAC (Apple Lossles Audio Compression). It's rediculas how long it takes. Also, anytime I do ANYTHING with iTunes it takes forever in general. For instance, I keep importing album art for all my songs/CDs, but it takes forever to do it. I like to think I have a fairly decent computer. It may have a shitty 1.4Ghz P4 along with a gig of ram, but it sure as hell should be enough to run iTunes. Any help, or similar experiences would be great. I'd like to think I'm not alone on this and apple just created a shitty product. Also, this is all on windows. I'm not yet fortunate enough to have a mac which of course iTunes works pefectly on... However a Mac Mini will be one of my next purchases....

2. i have an ipod, the 20bg one. i have had no troubles wiht itunes,it takes like 5 mins to rip a cd for me. whats your op system iam using xp home edition. maybe your running something like 2000 or me, or something 2 old ?

3. I have a 20gb photo ipod and itunes takes about 4-6 minutes to rip one of my cd's, it depends on how old the cd is and if i have anything else running on my computer. i'd recomend closing every thing else out and just riping the cd.

4. i however am smart and own a creative player that is not merely a fashion accessory but ACTUALLY a good music player, and costing up to £100 less for the same storage capacity as an ipod, oh i do laugh with gaitey at you silly people! hehe

5. wow, that extreme sarcasm came out really assholish though i agree with you mooglekexin. i had an ipod. the battery died so i decided not to re-invest in with apple and am getting a creative with a removeable replaceable battery. and yeah, itunes has always sucked on my windows computer. i still use it to sample songs/before i download them elsewhere. it's not just you.

6. sorry, im just appauled with people who jump in and buy ipods for their fashion without even considering alternatives and then have the balls to look down at people with their cheaper models, happens to me a lot and i've not been here fora while so it'll take a little while to gain the stoner forum calm again :D

7. Uhh... I actually was going to buy a Creative Zen. However, I opted for an iPod. Because of yes, it's look, it's HUGE selection of accessories, ALAC compatible, it's color screen, AND can play videos(via a third party Linux distro). Plus the simplicity of Apple design. Minimalism and cleanliness is something that I enjoy. The scroll wheel and the menu system are much more simple than the zen. Plus, everything I've read about sound quality, the iPod is pretty much the best; Short of some korean company I've never heard of and didn't have a 60GB player. Which considering I bought a $200 pair of earphones made by Shure just for my iPod, good sound quality is a must. Unlike most other headphones the Shure's will tell my ears that the song compression is crap quality and/or the hardware is crap quality. So I kind of want the best.

Unfortunately, right now when it comes to playing video, they havn't gotten it to play sound, the iPod Photo one skips, and it only accepts uncompressed AVI. However I'm patient and still need to get my friends Family Guy DVDs as I would love to be able to watch those on my iPod.

So... uhh, you were saying?

Also, regarding my iTunes problems, I'm running Windows Professional, and I have stopped all my background tasks to speed it up. Nothing has worked. I'm thinking it may be because of my DVD/CD-Rom, it's hooked up via USB.

P.S. So you don't think I'm bias, I own a Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS Sound card for my PC, I swear by their product. And up until recently I completely supported people buying Creative Zens over iPods, infact I've argued with you in favor of buying Creative Zens. However, right now the iPod has, and for a while will continue to have an edge on the competition. It is an overall better product. The only problem is that it's more expensive.

8. But the iPod is the new black?

9. iPods=over-fuckin-priced. My god, and everyone has one, I mean, I think some people buy them just so they can say that they have one, because it's more of like a fashion statement now than it is an electronic. I am not yelling at you guys for having one or anything like that, but I am just saying that so many people have one that when you don't have one (especially in my town) it's like a sin. Whatever, I'm high, I'm acting like an idiot, and I am done ranting.