Anyone out there using Fox Farms nutes outdoors?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gorillalobo, Jul 19, 2016.

1. I created this particular thread because I'm in the middle of an outdoor grow using FFOF soil & Fox Farms nutes & recently noticed yellowing on the bottom leaves of my plant. I removed the yelow/dead leaves on Saturday & returned today only to be met with more yellowing. Nowhere else but the lower portion and I'm thinking it's a nitrogen deficiency. I'm also kinda inclined to believe that since this is an outdoor grow and with such a long cycle, I'm afraid I may have screwed up/confused the feeding schedule. Fox Farms nutes schedule only consists of a 12 week cycle (for an indoor grow).... I'm currently on week 13 outdoors & just entering into flowering & looking at harvesting around week 24.
    In other words, how do you properly apply & adjust this 12 week schedule for an outdoor grow?
    In retrospect, I think I should've gone strictly organic on this one.
    In any event, this is a plant I started from seed. Heavyweight Dream Machine. Broke ground on April 10th. Remained indoors under 400w of cfls until early May then placed outdoors. Been in a #7 fabric pot since week 6 from seed. Began manifolding after topping at 3rd node & LSTing. Continued mainlining until I achieved my desired goal of 18 colas.
    Left her alone to do her thing after that. Currently under 13 hours of direct sunlight. Really had no problems until this past Saturday when I noticed the yellowing of the leaves. I feed & water @ 6.5 ph once a week or whenever the top inch of soil is dry. Had a pretty good amount of rain off and on here for the past 2 weeks & I left her outside to take in the rainwater. I don't worry much about overwatering since my pots dry out so fast...so due to the rain, I haven't been watering or feeding which if an (N) deficiency is what I'm dealing with, then that would explain it, but I'm not sure if that's the problem yet. So after a few 90+ degree days, I finally watered & fed her this morning on the week 9 schedule so if it doesn't clear up by next week, I plan to flush with a ph of 6.0 & lay off the nutes for a while altogether. I'll post some pics soon.

2. So you just followed the schedule and gave it flower nutrients while it was vegging? If you gave it any tigerbloom thats what happened.

3. No. I followed the schedule up until week 9 & even though I'm now on week 13...I've continued on the week 9 schedule. And I didn't give it flower nutes while it was vegging, I gave it flower nutes when it began to flower
    so I'm not sure what you mean about the Tiger Bloom cuz it's a flowering nute & anything after week 4 is considered the flowering stage which is why the schedule recommends you switch to 12/12 @ beginning of week 5....(if youre indoors).... hence my confusion using these nutes for a lengthier outdoor grow. And though TB is heavy in phosphorous, it still contains a good amount of nitrogen in it as well so Im still scratching my head about this issue & whether it's really a nitrogen deficiency at all. Unless I've jumped the gun and mistook something else for preflowering pistils & really DID give her flowering nutes while she was still vegging. If that's the case..... what should I have done.... kept feeding on the week 4 schedule all the way into week 13? I'm stumped here, but like I said, I'll post some pics later today to hopefully provide a better understanding of what's going on. Thanks for your input just the same.

4. Next time try holding off on the flower nutrients till about week 5 of flower.. dont Know where you got anything over 4 weeks is flowering, but thats wrong..photo plants dont run on time they run on a lights schedule.. hypothetically speaking you can keep a plant vegging for as long as you want.. you're just not comprehending the schedule. If your plant is vegging meaning its only growing foliage and not actual weed yet you keep using the veg part of the schedule... yes it only shows a few weeks of veg on the schedule but thats just an example, for veg. so keep doing that while you're vegging.. I recommend using those veg nutes a few weeks into the flowering cycle.. using excessive flower nutes makes plants fade fast...imo

5. next time try an fully amended soil instead of feeding it bottled nutes. while those bottles will work, as you can see issues come up. i used to use bottles and switched to no til..sooo much easier. the hardest part is mixing it up at the start. ive done this for 2 years now and its basically water only...maybe once a week thanks to rain.

you might check out the no til thread in the organic section for a future grow...those bottles arent good for your ground soil (if you in ground growing)