anyone on here in a frat?

Discussion in 'General' started by Marianas, May 9, 2011.

1. what's the point of a fraternity?

2. Not really lol.

In fact, I can name about 20 movies where the main frat guy is so evil he is almost a psychopathic murderer. Usually he is working with the dean to shut down the concert/rally/parties etc.

Frats are pretty lame, sorry to the couple guys in this thread.

3. yup

its the truth...no frat party can ever be crazier than the kinda parties i go to...frat parties are for pussies

4. I wanted to steal a picture from my friend's facebook of our bros.... but I'll just do a google search.

This is what the bros here look like... give or take a bow tie.

[​IMG]

I like some frat guys. My neighbors are Fijis and I like everyone in their fraternity. but then 3 doors down live some alpha sig boys and they are the epitome of douche

and for the record, some of the wildest nights of my college career have been at frat parties.

5. Getting a train run on you?

6. why, yes actually :rolleyes:

You sure you're not in a fraternity? That seems like a douchey thing a frat boy would say.

7. not even gonna bother bleeping his name lmao. this guy was on my soccer team in high school(he sucked), he was pretty funny but nobody on the team were really that good of friends with him, but now look at him! one of his bros commented "..and i also have friends!" LOL

is this cool? is behaving like other people in your frat cool?

i go to a SEC school so when i talk about frats im talking about REAL frats.

Attached Files:

8. #48 Kevin08, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
    Do you have roommates? Do your friends pitch in to buy alcohol? Do you study with your friends and/or look for old tests in the library? Do you go on trips with your buddies?

If you answered yes to any of these, then you are paying for friends. Fraternities took the costs of college and streamlined them: it's more affordable living in house with a chef that cooks your meals, going to your test bank for midterms, dues go to the national house and are reimbursed to chapters for scholarships and housing. Plus, there's always someone to drink, go to dinner, go to the gym, or wingman with! That geed statement is played out and irrelevant, bro on muchachos. :D

9. lol dont wanna get started on the frat kids at my school. i guess i can see why kids join them but at my school theyre pretty much all typical bros

10. Same here, when I was in college most of the frat guys were the "bro" types. And to top it off I think more than half the frats where I went to school were asian frats lol

Although I do have a few close friends who were in fraternities/sororities. Nothing against them I just didn't really like the frat atmosphere.

11. #51 Deleted member 288974, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    lol roommates =/= paying to join a 'club' where other people are going to be your friends because they are also in the 'club'. nice try, i see you put a lot of thought into that post which is good!

i would rather hang out with people i've gotten to know and like, rather than some random BROz who also signed up for college cub scouts. im not saying you dont like them, im just saying its not how friendships are formed in real life.

maybe you were just scared of college and wanted a sure way of fitting in? im sure thats totally wrong though because you are alpha-bro #1!!!

but who am i kidding. im just an angsty GDI with no 'friends' who is still bitter i didnt get a Gummi Bear Squadron bid. carry on broz

12. [​IMG]

13. #53 Deleted member 288974, May 10, 2011
    i think i admitted i was in the last paragraph there but cool gif it really made your stance stronger

14. good for you ;)

15. #55 Kevin08, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    Ya too bad 5 of my 19 pledge brothers were friends i knew before college or met at orientation, and 3 more were in the dorm next to mine, sooo ya..And i actually roomed with another one of them the first year in the dorms, we just decided to join the same fraternity after going thru rush. Why would you want to bunk with dudes you hardly know, when you pledge you are together for 7 straight months, then the rest of college. How well do you actually know your "friends"?

I'm the farthest thing from a bro, but stereotyping is typical of a ignoramus geed. I'm not even giving you the satisfaction of coming up with a better response than me knowing i pretty much have my job locked up after my 4 years, thanks alumni! :hello: Have fun waiting in the unemployment line after you pick up your diploma, if you get it....fact, greeks have higher gpas than normal students.

16. #56 Deleted member 288974, May 11, 2011
    this guy is smarter because he paid money to be friends with friends he already had! i think thats what you are trying to say?thats cool bro.

i actually won't be in an unemployment line regardless if i graduate or not, but i can see how that seems like a valid argument coming from your normal life experiences. i'll get you a 100k manager position right out of college if you want, but only so i can fire you for dirty urine heheh. then hire a gdi who thinks for himself

17. #57 Kevin08, May 11, 2011
    Ha too bad my dues are only 400 bucks a quarter, which is 135 a month so put your calculator away. That pays for all our intramurals, which i beast at btw, partying, access to immense test banks, house fees, and guarantees that i'll pull more beezies than you. We joined not to be cool, but to belong to something that will take care of us if shit hits the fan. Case and point, blacked out over winter break at home, somehow found some members from my fraternity, not my chapter either, who let me crash on a couch so i didn't get arrested/drunk drive home. You come to my town and black out, ask a random dude to crash and see how far, or balls deep, you get ;). Plus, i pay all my shit: books, rent, dues, food, everything but tuition, and still find time to be active.

And i'd rather not work at Mcdonald's, take your corporate bullshit elsewhere. Now, i'm done arguing, back to playoff basketball.

18. #58 Deleted member 288974, May 11, 2011
    i dont get blackout drunk but i could see where that would be fun.

in these tough economic times a degree doesn't gurantee you anything...i'll keep the spot open for you. (and it's golden corral so even more fat people in one area)

19. +20 internet cool points for you bro.

20. #60 tokin19, May 11, 2011
    gdi here. have any of you actually been to any frat parties? do you lack social skills? i've never had less than a fun time at a frat party (the worst case, underage consumption ticket at an AWESOME frat party...long story).

Heres fraternity principles in a context we can all understand

Stoners: unearned respect for eachother, making "connections", more likely to help stoners than non stoners, ever split up a big bag between you and your friends?

now the kicker...
    go to college, pay for exclusivity/prestige=douchebag
    join grasscity, pay for exclusivity/prestige=?
    blunt comparison, im aware that the stoner's and college kid's minds think differently. Just putting it into perspective for the 'never been, never will' crowd.