Anyone noticed that Rush of adrenaline kills your high?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by benleyd19tx, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Hi, i'm new to the forum. A 19 year old in-frequent recreational smoker (believe it or not like 1-2 times a week at best, mostly to reserve potentcy of bud) thought i'd start off with a story about something i've recently noticed.

The other day I and a few friends where tokin' away normally in my freind's room, and decided to go around the corner for something to eat. when we stepped outside to our amazement and horror, there was a police car in front of the house. Now i'm sure anyone could image the feelings and thoughts running through our heads, and we immediately turned around and went back inside. Then after we talked with the officer who was only there to ask if we'd seen or heard anything about a break-in next door the previous night, we calmed back down and started to watch T.V. for a while. Then I noticed as well as everyone else that we didn't feel even the slightest bit high anymore, must be the adrenaline rush from the sight of a police officer. What a bitch! Has anyone else ever noticed this phenomena?

2. interesting... well no i don't think i ever had it happen but i'll keep my mind open about it.

3. YAY! and it lasts in definatley. its called skydivineg. lol.
    allright...my high aside..yeah, I kinda get that when I dont smoke the real goooood sweet stuff..I notice I cant. or something like a bug out (well, only, honestly when I first started smoking...) it took me a while to get used to living by the sensi..but after a while nothing was a let down at all...if that (your sit) happened, then, it just happened, and if nothing was to really be a bother of, then , everything was cool! with my high! it took time though...but uh...it wasnt about you right? ha! coool then, eh?!

4. that my friend is the infamous buzz kill. happens a lot. try living in east texas and riding in a nice car with a black guy through a "bad" neighborhood with 5 blunts on you. then run a stop sign in front of a damn red neck cop. that, my friend, is a buzz kill.

5. yea man, that's the shittiest. i've noticed it only happens with parents or cops...

6. holy shit yea. me and my friend were driving insanly stoned and passed his dad in my car. our high went away so quick

7. Yeah, that's a buzz kill. It can't be the adrenaline so much because I can workout and keep my high. I get industrious when I get high so I tend to workout more if I'm stoned.

The reason you lose your high is because your mind is sensing that everything is going to go to hell really fucking quick.

8. Although it's a waste of good weed, buzzkills do serve a purpose. Imagine getting into trouble, still acting like you're stoned out of your mind. Getting sober real quick-like have my ass in a few tight spots, not with johnny law, but with my previous landlord who had this annoying habit of dropping by unannounced to "remind" us that rent time is coming soon.

God i'm glad I moved from that dicks apartmentblock. When you can't even smoke at home at your own leisure without fear of the demand-a-rent dude stopping by every now and then, when can you smoke?

9. Hmm depends , when u smoke it happens as u said so -"buzz kill" nice name BTW :)

Anyway when i ate THC ( hash or mary ) and u get high for
    6-8 hours , u can hmm let's say recover and regain your high in less than 30 minutes .

Well ..when i think about it , even with alcohol it works similar though not at this rate.

10. What a perfect way to describe the inevitable if you are a serious ganja smoker.

This is the price we pay, for smoking herb!

In my opinion, the adrenaline rush that kills our buzz is created by the fact that we are wary of being caught at something we know is illegal, even though it should be legal!!

11. i may have to disagree. SOmetimes i smoke before math and i have to walk 3 flights of stairs. Im not reall sure if its a drenaline but as soon as i get into class i get kind of like a re high. Its almost like i just smoked a butt. Pretty nice. One thing that definately kills my highs is cold. If i just smoked and i go outside and im cold, or im smoking in the cold, i wont really feel high until i warm up again.

12. i may have to disagree. SOmetimes i smoke before math and i have to walk 3 flights of stairs. Im not reall sure if its a drenaline but as soon as i get into class i get kind of like a re high. Its almost like i just smoked a butt. Pretty nice. One thing that definately kills my highs is cold. If i just smoked and i go outside and im cold, or im smoking in the cold, i wont really feel high until i warm up again.

13. yay i hate that! like when i start to get paranoid my high comes down, and when my parents try to talk to me when im stoned hen i have to act normal and sober, and its no fun when you have to pretend to be sober, it really kills your high.

14. paranoia is a part of smoking, get used to it :)

15. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    way,

city!

its the pop ups;)

sj?