Anyone miss being a rookie smoker?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by wiseone2, Dec 24, 2009.

1. does anyone else miss being a new smoker? I havnt been able to smoke for a while, and it got me thinking that after about your first 15 or 20 times being high, you sort of start to take it for granted. I can still remember that awesome feeling Id get when I had weed, and I would wait all day for my parents to go to bed, stoked out of my mind that I was going to get to smoke that night, planning out every little detail of what I was going to do, and then taking like 3 hits and making an excuse to just watch tv or something. I figured Id start this thread, and everyone can post thier favorite memories (if you still have them) from when they were still new to smoking

I guess Ill start. I remember the first time I ever got high, I was with like 5 or 6 of my best friends, but most of them left, so it was down to me and 2 friends. I had been smoking the whole night, without getting any kind of buzz whatsoever, and I had just realized that, for the first time in my life, I was finally high. anyway, we were passing around really akwardly shaped (atleast it seemed like it was akwardly shaped at the time) pipe, and I was totally gone, just laughing at thoughs I would get in my head, and my friend, who was a pretty experienced smoker at that point had the bowl, and I guess he had it held sideways or something, and he was trying to light it, and he couldnt get it, (it was really dark where we were) and after probably 15 seconds of trying to light it he goes "oh, rookie move man, I had the bowl sideways, but its cool, nothing fell out" then he passes it to my other, less experienced friend, and he grabs, puts his lips to it, and quietly laughs blowing the entire bowl out all over himself, and then in the most sarcastic, hilarious tone I have ever heard says "oh man, rookie move, I just blew the bowl out all over my shirt, but dont worry, nothing fell out"

IDK, its probably not even 1/10 as funny as it was at the time, but whatever

2. Hahaha! Actually, I recently found an old journal I kept when I started smoking, and the shit that I wrote/drew was just ridiculous. I remember sneaking around and planning a whole night out of smoking. Sleepovers with my buddies that revolved around toking. :) I just remember thinking about all the silly things I wanted to try high. Like I'd always think of things to listen to or watch or do and think: "that'd be so cool HIGH!" So exciting.

3. I miss being as happy with a joint of shwag as I now am with a gram.

I used to be able to buy a dime of shwag ($10) and it would last me 3-4 days. I could get high for hours off the cheap shit.

Now...a bowl of some top grade only has me for maybe 1 1/2 hours if it's some good shit. Usually 30mins or so. May feel a little buzzed after that..but not high enough where I don't think I need to smoke again. And even an 8month break didn't bring me back to the beginning..

4. hell yeah, getting totally fucked up after a few hits?! amazing times.. well thats how my first few times were.

and yes ive done that before... blowing into teh pipe .

5. Nah I dont miss it one bit. Love how I got all this tokin' respect haha
    Devirgnizing rookie homies and showing them the ropes.

6. Yup when I was more of a youngter and started toking I would look forward to that so much, I'd get just as happy waiting to toke as I did toking, now I smoke everyday so its nothing new to me, don't get me wrong I still anticipate and getexitedwhen I'm gonna toke, but not asmuch as I used too. I need a Tbreak

7. I feel you bro, when i first started in college, it was incred. my roomie and i would toke up outside our building and get shakes and fries from this dorm late night place, totally awesome stoner shit right?

now im more seasoned, esp after taking a nice 2 month cold turkey break ending just 2 weeks ago. sure nice to be back with mary