Anyone Made The Move? Or Taken A Trip?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by GrungeJunkie, May 20, 2013.

1. I'm moving in December...going to a community college for a year to finish up my ASSOC. then transfer to UW..WSU,CWU,or UO. Going to a college with housing,try to move into my own place after the first year and pretty much gonna get my residency and stay in Washington. It is good timing I suppose because it is around the time the selling is supposed to take effect. But I fucked up my financial aid and had to hold off until Winter so I can re do it, and i'll just do a semester here in NJ using my gi bill.

That's great news man!

im working on an associates myself here in North Carolina.  Its not easy going back to school after being Out of school for 17 years :)

Im currently 5 classes away from a Computer Information Technology Degree . Do you Happen to Know if I can continue the degree In a different state? I mean can I finish my current 5 classes in a different state? im not sure about all of that .

3. does colorado have nice mountains and deserts? something like the grand canyon?

4. #44 Jerzeslugga, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
    I think you have to see if the credits switch ov er...im gettin all that sorted now..

Not trying to burst your bubble but you won't be able to go to school until after you live there for a year permanently. That is unless you want to pay 5x the amount for out of state tuition. I'm currently in the same debacle. Finished up my AA degree in May, however I can't start my Bachelors until I've been here for a full year. My best advice is have a job lined up before you move out there. I had a job within 10 days of moving out here and it's a decent one. 

6. My assoc is gonna take year and a half minimum to complete as I realized that i didn't get credits for some classed I canceled before semester ends.Pell grant will help me cover the comm college out of state tuition...i'm gonna move from off campus housing after a year once I get a job. GI BILL is giving me housing allowance of like $1400/mth so i'll be good as I have savings...

I'll have state residency, and paying WA taxes by the time I transfer to a WA school for a bachelor's. I'm really only getting a job because most places want income and won't let you rent with just gi bill....which is shame because my buddies from Washington do it, but letting out of staters do it is risky I suppose. But also according to some law I found I am eligble to in state tuition/residency if I come back to WA after serving on active duty there.

I'm trying to do this right..I i don't really need a vehicle as my housing is around everything and good metro.

Thank you for that Information .

between moving my family out there , getting settled and finding somewhere to live it may take me a while to get back into school.
    Honestly I was planning on delaying school maybe 6 months so we could all get settled in . So  I guess now . Knowing that information I need to find a Job ASAP When I get there and plan on Not a 6 month wait But , 12 .

8. Job and paying rent,utilities are ways to gain legal residence there, for tuition purposes atleast to that for one 12 months and have WA id..

No that's Minnesota.  Colorado has pyramids, unicorns, and the North Pole.  It's kinda of not a big deal, but it is what it is.

OMG my daughter will be excited about the unicorns!

11. I'm currently in WA state from Texas. I spent a few weeks in Colorado but it really wasn't the place for me. Brand new to the area and it's a little intimidating. Look forward to meeting some cool people here. Didn't necessarily move based on Mary Jane (haven't found any) but it will definitely be a nice perk once I meet the right hipster. What I've done hasn't really hit me yet. No job and kinda getting by.

That's Great! Good Luck to you and hope you realize " What you have done" Soon lol .

My family is from a very small Southern town and We Still live here . A great community BUTTT, overall everyone in general here is very close minded , judgmental and uneducated . 

My wife , My daughter( 7 years old) and myself will be in a state of shock I think when we first move to Colorado . It will(or should) be uncomfortable for us to move all the way out west to Colorado . I'm excited more than anything  though .

I hope once we get to CO this fall that it doesn't take me to awful long to get some kind of connection to some good dank :)

Out of Curiosity , why did you move to Colorado from Texas? Then , why did you then move from Colorado to Washington just a few weeks later ? 

13. #53 Plasma, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
    The initial move was for a change of pace. Spent a while in Colorado Springs looking for a place to reside and work. Everyone was very nice but it honestly wasn't what I expected. I had some fantasy placed in my head my entire life and it just didn't hold up to the hype at least for me personally. After some lousy housing options in appropriate areas decided to head towards Denver. I absolutely despised it up there. No real reason for the hate,  just wasn't what I was looking for. From that point on I made the decision I would like a nice balance of forest, water, and mountains. Colorado although beautiful had some issues with foliage. A nice view of Pikes Peak really isn't all that lifes about. We needs some trees (all types!). Knowing it's on the coast, has beautiful wildlife, and mountains along with all the other benefits of the state Washington has was a no brainer. Now just here trying to find a place to call "home". At least for a while. :)

Both Colorado and Washington are great places.. People probably talk about "southern hospitality" but compared to the attitudes and personalities I've met.. . Texas should feel ashamed.

It's honestly one of (if not) the best feeling in the world knowing the police that pass you aren't looking to absolutely destroy your lives over a little plant. Makes you just wanna give em a big ole kiss.

I'm from a very liberal part of Texas and it's still a big cultural shock. I'm sure you and your family will have a lot of fun. :)

14. Shoot me a message on where you're currently located. I have friends and family in different places around the state and MAY be able to help. If you have any places in mind, I can throw my .02 at you if you'd like as well. Looking forward to more laid back people moving up here. Sure, it rains a good bit, but it's not the worst in the country. Summers are a bit short, but we have our nice days. It will take some getting used to for most people from the south, but as you mentioned, 9 times out of 10, the people are polite and mind their business, at least from what I have seen in my 27 years here.

15. Dude I had a hookup deliver to my hotel to donate that I found on CL..... hooked me up cause he was a little bit late. You'll be fine over there.

16. #56 Pie Romania, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
    Agreed. CL has some decent deals. I mean, most of the time the quality isn't "Top Shelf" by local standards, but in many areas around the US, it would def. be considered worthy and the going rate on there is between $130-180 an ounce. Obviously, that isn't even the price you can expect to pay if you know a person or two locally as I can get some fire in that range as well. I have no problems pointing anyone in the right direction. I really want to see this state be known for our compassion and friendly ways and I will do what I can to contribute to that. As stated previously, if anyone in WA State needs some advice on good areas to live on a budget, or even without a budget OR pointed in the right direction for meds or even finding work, I will do all that I can to assist you. Just send me a private message and I will respond ASAP.

17. You don't have to wait! In Boulder has a tourism company that has a cannabis workshop and daily happy hour with free samples! They only share their top shelf stash which includes concentrates! 

18. #58 kush70, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
    I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion lol

would love to take a trip to colorado

19. I have a long standing tradition of taking a 365 day trip to WA every year and a 366 day trip to WA every leap year. Thats a smart ass way of saying I live in WA. And since its being a smart ass, I will clarify and say I actually have visited other states, though not for many years.

20. Just moved to Anacortes,WA from memphis,tn...me and my gf rode out here cross country...good stuff! Only been here
    for about 3 weeks now. Still trying to find people to hangout with and a job, but the scenery is amazing. Im never going back
    to the south lolz...too many closeminded folk :confused_2:

~Om Shiva hare hare ganji~