anyone knows anything about 250 watt cfl lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tyr, Jan 13, 2014.

1. I wont put 4 in my closet they say they equal to 1000 watts so that would be 4000 watts... should i get two 6700k and two 2700 would work for Veg and flower if i use them together?

2. You know its not actually 4000w right? But personally i would do all 6500k veg and all 2700k flowering, or at least as close to those kelvin ratings you can het

3. I know but the space is 8x2x8

4. [quote name="Tyr" post="19331115" timestamp="1389597865"]I know but the space is 8x2x8[/quote]Space that big drop the cfls and get some HID lighting

5. Two 600watt air cooled is what i was thinking.

6. Thats exactly what you need. Air cooled hoods put out a better light footprint than cooltubes but i have a 600w cooltube in a 7x3 closetand it works just fine. 1000w are almost always better, if you have the extra cash i would just get two 1000w. 600's will work perfectly fine though. I'm guessing it's a cabinet or closet. Either way you should scrog the entire thing. You will get the most out of a narrow space that way.

7. Why do the air cooled hoods put out better light than a cooltube?

I have a hood like this

http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-GLRCTAC-Cylinder-Reflector/dp/B003QKVV04/ref=sr_1_22?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1389607898&sr=1-22&keywords=apollo+horticulture

Why would the tube hurt anything? or are you talking about the tubes with the little wings on top?
    I don't see why the tube would reduce anything. 

8. More like this. http://eastwesthydro.com/grow-lights/reflectors/sun-systems/sun-systems-dominator-xxxl-6in-air-cooled-reflector-904415?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=product-feed
    The curve of the tube cuts out something small like 3% of the light. With a full hood you get better reflection. They are more expensive but it's worth in the longrun. If you can fit the xxxl hood and afford it i would get it. Instad of a tube it's just an enclosed hood. They are a little harder to cool but you get more light.