Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone know where to get some dank stuff in Illinois?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by danksymcdankerson, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Moved here a few months ago for work and I haven't been able to find a reliable dealer with good stuff/prices. Anyone have any good dealer experiences in Illinois? Any other way of finding one besides through friends? 

2. Yup.  Chicago.  Not a forum for dealer hook ups.  Isn't medicinal mj coming to Il?

3. Hopefully. Illinois is so shitty when it comes to guns and pot it's insane. Will provide sources later

4. Dive bars. Drink raw whiskey until you puke on your shoes. Credibility bro.

5. I live in Illinois. one of the most poorly run states in the country. Here's my advice.
    $20 a gram here, don't buy more than 3 grams at once or you are more likely to get ripped off. Why? Because there are no dealers out here. Only people who drive up to chicago, buy a pound, bring it back down and sell dubs and "secretly" tax you by .2 grams so they make a profit. If you buy in large quantities, they'll take more out at once. So stick to $40 bags. Also, always scale your weed and make sure you get all of what you pay for. They will skimp you if they think you're too dumb to scale it out yourself. As far as actually "finding" a connection, I can't hook you up because that's against the forum rules. But I can tell you it's very easy. All you have to do is find someone that looks like they smoke and be like "hey do you know where I could find some bud?" I'm not racist, but... in my experience I've had MUCH better luck finding weed from black people ;)

6. If you're out near Aurora I'd check out Stan Makita Donuts and Dante's Inferno.

7. yeah but only for people who are dying or very sick. You can't make up some bullshit excuse and say you're too stressed out like you can in other some other states

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

If they are "taxing" you.  Then why would you accept it?  If you are buying and oz and they try to sell you less than that, call them out on it, don't just let them rip you.  Makes zero sense,

9. i tried. If you call them out on shorting your OZ bag, they'll just get mad and never sell to you again. It's just not worth buying in bulk around here there's too much of a risk of being shorted and nothing to do about it. You're better off buying grams and calling them out if they short you because it won't be nearly as big of a loss to them. Trust me, I've tried buying in bulk here 4 times and all 4 times I've run into trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I got a few friends who are a rock band from Chicago, they were saying it was all high priced too.They tripped out when they got zip for 200 in Austin Tx and it was a touch over.From my research In America Illinois and North Dakota have some of the roughest cannabis markets.

That is a really fucked up market they got going there, my dealer weighs out my zips in front of me when I go to pick up there.  Usually for about $200.

12. Every state, country, territory, etc in the world will have good and bad dealers. Im from illinois myself and have bomb hookups, and in the past ive had not so bomb hookups. You just need to find the right people. However, i will agree that illinois is among one of the worst states to be a stoner.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Even though there are a lot of shitty dealers around here at least there's still plenty of high quality buds to go around. I agree it really comes down to the people you meet.

14. Absolutely. Ive been through more douchebag dealers than i can count. But you just have to network with people til you find the ones that actually push weight and not petty dime bags all the time. I here people buying ounces in illinois for like $400 but i can get em for like $325. You just gotta find the right people man. And like you said there is plenty of high quality bud. I havent touched shwag in years lol

Sent from my LG-D851 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Yea in Chicago here and agree with mostly everything. Used to get really fire buds all the time but lately with legalization and medical bud everywhere it's just mostly commercial outdoor with stupid names that makes it out here. It's gotten really bad if you ask me but of course everything is subject to your connect. I feel like no one cares to be honest. You can sell an 8th of super mediocre outdoor for the same you could really exotic well grown indoor to 99% of idiots as long as you name it something. I've tested this theory for years and just lost all faith in most of my fellow tokers. No one knows what they're talking about anymore and it's really fucked the market up. All in all, simply put, the kind bud is still just rare, expensive, and inconsistent.