Anyone know whats the best way to sell music equipment?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by dingowitz, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Ok, I've played the guitar for a number of years. And since smoking my taste in music has changed and and i want to put both of my guitars, my amp and my drums for sale. Whats the best way to sell this stuff cuz i really need a new guitar and amp? i was thinkin goin to nearest music shop and puttin up flyers or somethin but i dunno. thnx

2. The music store will rip you off, I would only use that as a last resort. I might check out craigslist.com, I dont know what the closet one to you would be but im sure they have something. I see music stuff there all the time and my friend got a good price for a bass amp also. Other good options are your local paper where youll likely have to pay a charge but youll get good coverage and some phone call likely. If your putting up flyers I would put them in the music store, you may get a call. What are you playing?

3. I was going to suggest Craigslist as well... Good place to buy/sell stuff...

4. craigslist or Ebay

5. Iight Ill check that out, thanks. I really need to get rid of my stuff I need a new guitar pretty bad. I got a fernandez from years ago in perfect condition, and a fender tom delonge guitar in perfect condition that I got like 5 years ago when I listened to that kind of music. I can't use these guitars anymore because I just dont like that sound and they are not diverse enough to play the type of music i like to play. I also have a peavey 80 wat amp that i wanna sell, or it may be 100.

6. Definitely get rid of that Peavey amp, they aren't so great. At least the newer ones they've been putting out. I blew mine up... Fernandes makes nice guitars though, I've got a Tremor 5 Deluxe, and I love it!
    [​IMG]
    Only problem is it put way too much power through my little amp...

7. Yeah my amp is pretty bad. My friend had a 120 watt amp that easily got over a drummer on like not even half power. My amp on 80% was still drained out by the drums. I really want a PRS but im not sure which amp is right for me. I like music from pink floyd and the beatles to incubus, sublime, 311. Plus my guitar only has 19 frets so thats kinda weak i mean thats clearly a guitar for power chords which i grew out of thanks to the help of weed.

8. Yep, sounds like you need a new setup. There are actually some nice peavey amps, but they are one some of the more expensive tube rigs. One of them with two 10's ive played through sounded awesome, but then again I do love that tube crunch sound. PRS makes some nice guitars, a little pricey but you get what you pay for. Where you are at even a nice ibanez would likely be a refreshing improvement. Ive been mostly playing my DC gibson paul through a GK amp. Gallien Krugers are built like tanks and are pretty powerful for a small package. Id also check out carvin amps, some of them are a good deal for the money. Personally though, I lust after a nice Mesa Boogie setup. One day ill justify it, you just watch me. :D

9. Thanks man. Yeah I just need to get rid of this equipment. I mean I have a lot to sell so I should have a decent amount of money towards a new setup.

10. Oh man, a Mesa Boogie... What I wouldn't do for a nice setup like that... I'm actually looking at buying a PigNose tube amp. Has a two 12s in it, very nice. And I do love the sound of a tube amp as well.

My 5 string has 26 frets, but the last two are quite hard to reach, so I consider it 24. I have a nice Charvelle that has 24 frets (a guitar, not a bass). I didn't know they made guitars with less than 22 frets, I hadn't ever seen one... They must be so short (but guitars feel short to me anyways,as the bass has much wider frets...) :rolleyes:

11. you could sell on ebay, in the local newspaper or even at your local music shop. Pawn shops if you are desperate.

12. My husband uses ebay to make a little money on pieces we find at pawn shops and local music stores. I would never sell my stuff to a pawn shop, just fyi. I think ebay is really the way to go, especially if you need money fast.

13. Thanks, yeah I posted my fender on ebay and i think im gonna end up making profit since they discontinued the model so that would be str8. Its already at 300 and theres 2 days left and i was gonna sell it for 300 anyways. All other equipment i have a guy who is willing to pay for my stuff, so as of right now it looks like all is turnin out pretty good, im gonna need a lot of money cuz PRS's are expensive, but its worth it.