Anyone know what to do with this

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Raarae, Dec 13, 2017.

1. What do you mean exactly ? You wanna hook it up and use it ? Or are you wanting to get rid of it ? What ???

2. You need to put a thousand watt bulb in that baby and fire it up

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I really mean what's the best way to set this thing up in a 3x5 closet with 8 foot ceilings

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. That will require a 6" round hole cut thru the ceiling, with that fan blowing into the attic, and at least a 1" air gap under the door, or else you will have an UN-manageable heat issue in there.

5. Here's my plan I'm going to take a 2 pieces of ply wood 1 x21/4 attach it to the doorway one on top one on bottom vent through them And use light blocking fabric and Velcro for the space between

6. Then you would need some cooler operating led lights, and a small tower fan instead of those parts you have there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Or, you could put a carbon air filter on that blower and let it re-circulate the air in the closet,and remove the odor as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. What if I have one fan to do light then others to do exhaust and cold air in

9. Where will your exhaust opening be...needs to be somewhere away from the intake opening ?

• Like Like x 1
  10. OK, now I understand....Your not gonna be using the door at all....just a block-off curtain...PERFECT !

11. No kidding ! Your gonna get a huge increase in yield with that 'new' light !

12. Thanks just needed to know if my idea would work I have 2 of these lights but I know I can use only one in that space and even that is a little over kill by 400 watts or so but I'll give it a go till I can get a 5x5 tent

• Like Like x 1
  13. Another ? I have 2 moving blankets if I use then to block the light is Velcro my best option to light seal it

14. I'm sure velcro would work, but I just use a tarp grommet kit (from Harbor Freight, pretty cheap)
    I install a few grommets along the top of my curtains, and hang them on screws in the board just above the access opening of my enclosures, with it overlapping the edges of the opening all the way around , it blocks the light from coming in. I use some reflective 'space blankets' from Cabela's for the inner curtain liner, and the outer curtain made from some window blackout curtains, like day sleepers use on their windows.