Anyone know what mites these are.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Nelo13, May 20, 2019.

1. If you look closely the thing there all crawling all over loos to be a fungus gnat. Only assuming that with those two clear wings [​IMG][​IMG] these are screenshots from the video I took if there’s a way I can post the video please lmk

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. All I see is blurry dirt

3. The video is much better they literally will not stop moving so I can’t get it to focus for a pic

4. Of they are gnats then it's going to be tons of them if what I do think is what your asking. I had gnats when I was in veg but fans and watching how I watered got rid of them.

5. There isn't any on the plant is there, no webs on them? If so that would be spider mites. And those suck more then anything.

6. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190520/6273cb0aca44b2a16f2c75a1bb28b80a.jpg[/IMG in the blue circle do you see those wings and shiny body. The black arrows are pointing to 2 mites and they all seem to be devouring that bug with wings. There have been mites crawling in my top soil but I’ve never seen so many in one spot. No I haven’t seen one on any plants yet

Sent from my iPhone using [url=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=77999]Grasscity Forum[/url]

7. Water with some soapy water

8. Pics are blurry but looks like possible root aphids. They are fucking horrible indoors, I'd rather have russets.

Do you see two little sticks that look like little stingers coming out near their ass?

Buy some Botaniguard, the fungus will severely limit their infestation but will not usually wipe them out 100% on it's own. If you're flowering finish it up, if you've got veg / mother plants let me know and I'll give you a picture of the headache you are looking at. That's another reason why I hate buying bags of peet for indoors these fuckers come in them sometimes and always gnats.

9. No they only have two antennas coming out of there head the rest are legs

• Like Like x 1
  10. It is possible you may have beneficial / harmless soil bugs, which wouldn't cause worry.

Here's a good pic of root aphids, they look different in different growth stages. I just can't see well otherwise I'd tell you. Notice the winged aphid on the bottom left, which I think many people confuse as fungus gnats at first glance, which is why a lot of people say they "can't get rid of them".
    imageproxy.php.jpg

11. Springtails. I almost gurantee it .Spray some alcohol lightly on the soil and see if you see any if them jumping . If they are white with antanaes move quickly and you see the mostly when you water. Look em up

12. i thought of this too but the bugs in his pic don't look segmented (blurry so hard to tell)

13. Is there not anyway to post vids on here

14. Springtails are known to be mainly beneficial and take care of fungi and other small pests while breaking down bio material for the plants to uptake them easier. They are TOUGH to get rid of. If they aren't hurting your plants(eating roots) then I would just give up and get rid of them after this grow .

15. Yeah now I see them a bit better in the pics.... And the color looks off. Springtails are stark white whereas those look yellowish

• Like Like x 1
  16. ive had springtails and have had beyond healthy strong roots. i bet they only hurt very weak plants.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. unsure

18. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum