Anyone know what kind of people I'm talking about?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by DMag, Jan 11, 2012.

1. #1 DMag, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
    [The snobbish stereotypical Christian's? Yeah I'm sick of them. I have a huge group of them at my school and today I was talking to a couple of them and all of a sudden one of them calls me a hypocritical douchebag for wanting to believe in God while I do drugs, and drink, and etc. This really got to me. So I'm completely dumbfounded by this, him in all his perfection, calls ME a hypocritical douchebag... I wanted to punch him in the face right there, but I knew that wouldn't be the right choice.]

Anyways flipped through some bible verses and came across this. I love this verse because I can use it constantly against these Christian's at my school who are constantly judging others for their imperfections, and mistakes. Those that give the Christian religion a bad name. (Yes I know I'm being judgmental right now too.)

Romans 2:1 "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things."

Pretty good, right? Just for you people who have to deal with those kinda people thought it'd be useful.

2. Everyone has had to deal with over zealous Christian people. Unless you WANT to get into a debate/fight, the best thing is to just nod your head and walk away. :D

3. Don't you know you can't win a debate with a Christian?!

4. When I was younger, going to bible study use to be like being in a bad Disney movie; because I was ridiculed by colleagues for the most ridiculous shit. My glasses where too big, my pants weren't below my waist, and my English was decent.

If you're gonna flaunt your true colors, at least take off the crucifix so you don't make Jesus look bad. lol

5. Yeah it really disappoints me. That's why I stopped going to my bible study's as well - and because we didn't really learn anything. If I'm going to go to church or anything it's going to be one that discusses how God's affecting our world today, and what signs/prophecies are being fulfilled.

6. u n i cannot go somewhere or hear something, we halve to c it

simply halve 2

for twentity

24 hours a day, 0 days per week, 360 degrees

7. Someone took too many hits

8. What was it about having this person direct his opinion towards you that bothered you so much?

You don't need his approval for what you do, so why would a judgmental one bother you this way?

Perhaps it just highlighted something we all carry with us - doubt. You may have some lurking inside you about what it is you do, and you reacted when they touched a nerve, pressed a button, that called to the surface something you haven't fully dealt with.

You can always see such moments as an opportunity to learn something about yourself, rather than feel like practicing your punching skills :rolleyes:

9. For me it feels pointless to argue with someone about their religious believes. Idk maybe its because I'm a atheist. I'll stand up for someone if they are getting bullied though.

10. Where in the fuck do all you people live that you run into these fundamentalist crazy christians all the time?

I swear to god it's like everyone on grasscity is a goth kid in the bible belt or something.

Seriously 100% of the religion that I encounter in my life is on this website.

11. Where I live (Nebraska) there are a lot of conservative Christians.

12. Kentucky.

13. Are we just mentioning place names now?

14. We don't have those people in England. It never ceases to amaze me how outwardly and excessively religious many Americans are.

Your God; Your business.

15. Oh, I'm sure they're around here too mate. ;)

The US doesn't have them all - it just seems that way.

16. Have you ever met one in your life or indeed did you ever go to a school with group if them!? Are they more commonest round your parts? Must be the bad karma for living in the most beautiful part of the country...

17. lol

I have met a few from time to time.

There is a sect or cult, not sure how to describe it, an off-shoot of the christian church, round the corner from me. They're harmless enough, do their thing, sing their songs, offer support to the community, nothing wrong with being a bit 'happy clappy'. But I can't help wondering if everything they do doesn't have some ulterior motive. Some of them can be quick to offer a bit of judgmentalness if something goes on they don't approve of.

I have been in there; they used their building as part of the hustings for the last general election. Didn't stay long. ;)

18. Sometimes a punch in the face is the path of least resistance.

It's true.

When this man preached to god, whatever, but the moment he laid his hands on me in anger (because I said 'no thanks') I said 'take it off or I will'.

Jesus freaks need to back off.