Anyone know some cheap custom spoon blowers?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Nutbust, May 7, 2012.

1. #1 Nutbust, May 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
    Just found out one of my friends has been toking from tin foil for the past 2 years. His birthday is coming up and I thought a good (and potentially lifesaving) gift would be a simple borosilicate spoon. I noticed him staring at the shattered remains of my previous favorite spoon, Prometheus, and thought to get him a similar one. Prometheus was 3.5 inches, and black frit all the way from the spoon to about 1 inch from the mouthpiece. From there, tentacles of orange and yellow frit in a flame design took over. It looked similar to the below image, except i'm not interested in buying from there. Though i've made some etsy inquiries, does anybody have a recommendation?

[​IMG]

EDIT: Cheap being anywhere from 0-20 dollars.

2. gogopipes dot com they are having the 420 Sale still going on i ordered a spoon of good quality for around $14.26 and the spoon normally would have costed about $25 Best of Luck @Op & (Not Spam)

3. I actually looked at them but couldn't find a similar design :(

GREAT prices though, might do some shopping for myself later, but Prometheus 2 takes priority.

4. I hate to bring bad news but I don't think you will find any custom glass for $25. But you can always try to ask around on Etsy.

5. the only other site i can accurately refer you to would be

grasscity dot com they have a variety of glass spoons as well but the sites based outside usa unlike gogopipes which is usa based but ive had good orders from both sites man. ;):smoke:

6. I'm actually a very frequent grasscity customer. I use it over gc because IMO grass city has some hilariously bad shipping costs. Also, I've found an etsy user who will make Prometheus for 15 dollars. I'll post pics and a review when I get it:p

7. I wouldn't be sending users to sites anywhere besides the shop that maintains this forum. :rolleyes:

To the OP, I would head to your LHS and look around. You can notice flaws and bubbles that might drive you insane that you wouldn't have noticed on the web. No matter where you are, I'm sure there is some nice handblown spoons waiting for you in town.

8. My lhs is solo boring :(

It's mostly joint papers and the occasional spoon. The shopkeeper is rude too.

9. Well, I just looked at a .97 cent item, nearly bought it, then saw the 11 dollar shipping cost. [​IMG]