anyone know how to make hash from liquid nirtogen

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by SyntheticDREAMS, Jan 14, 2012.

1. There is a club I go to in northern california and they have this hash oil they say is made from dipping buds in medical grade liquid nitrogen then using sound frequencies to burst resin glands on the frozen buds and some other things are done "secret things" and there are no solvents in the hash. is anyone familiar with this process?

2. That sounds like some crazy expensive way to make hash

3. Sounds epic, but Im finding it hard to believe.

4. Finally we tapping into the acient power of man.

5. I am familiar with clubs lying to their patients about how they make their concentrates. Come on now, frequencies to burst resin glands? Do they think we are all retarded? :eek:

Liquid nitrogen most likely would not work as a solvent. Supercritical (liquid) CO2 is used as a solvent due to its low toxicity, environmental impact, along with many other reasons. The relatively low temperature of the process and the stability of CO2 also allows most compounds to be extracted with little damage or denaturing.

Liquid nitrogen is just cold, and does not actually posses the qualities of an organic solvent. We are not trying to freeze the trichromes off of our herb, we are extracting THC with an organic solvent (CO2 for example). These extractions actually involve some pretty in depth chemistry, and obviously the budtenders at your club don't understand it.

6. i recently heard about this nitrogen extracted hash on reddit. funny seeing it here now, as well as popping up many other places over that last 4-6 months. just had to post these links.

Solvent Substitutes for Butane : CannabisExtracts

Nitrogen Extraction Process Hash Oil Ganja Gourmet Marijuana Restaurant & Dispensary Denver Colorado

nitrogen - TokeCity

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present hash made with liquid nitrogen : trees

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDvCdajDLfA]video-2011-11-21-03-26-34-1.mov - YouTube[/ame]

7. Nitrogen is not nonpolar. This wouldn't do anything but freeze your buds.

8. If I might ad something to this conversation, I believe its put liquid nitrogen and then they run an electrical current through the N2 to pull all of the polar molecules out of the weed. Im not 100 but this is the explanation someone gave me. Its a little like an electrophoresis. Again not 100 percent but i think its something like that

9. My friend told me nitro oil tastes like shit as well as co2

theres nothing wrong with butane as long as your using good tane and purging it properly.

10. If you all believe this shit, I've got a bridge for sale.

11. Nitrogen is actually nonpolar.

N=N
    there is no dipole here

12. I don't see why it isn't possible. The whole soundwave thing is possible too. There's things called ultra-sonic cleaners that work to clean certain things with just water.

Liquid nitrogen is nonpolar and I'd bet the ultra-sonic waves would assist in breaking the thc down into the solution.

13. hey guys im assuming liquid nitrogen would freeze the crystals onyour bud befor you could extract em so u proll would have ice cover crystals.. but ive heard of people using sub woofers to extarct thc but never this one.. dry ice yes liquid not to sure bro

14. The THC won't dissolve in liquid nitrogen, but the cold will freeze the trichs to rock hard status. Then they lose their stickiness at super low temps, and any agitation will make them fall off. Ultrasonicating is a crazy, yet very practical method to agitate herb submerged in liquid nitrogen, and I imagine it would work well for removing some of the trichs, to get some crazy hash product.

15. So my thoughts about this.
    Is thc soluble in liquid nitrogen?
    If its not, would this not almost be considered bubble hash?
    Put in a very cold solution (eg ice water or liquid nitrogen) and agitate (stir like crazy or use a machine, or sound waves or whatever).
    How would they remove the nitrogen afterwards?
    Just real stoned smokin my fresh bubble hash:)

16. I've never tested it, but I would be quite surpised if THC dissolved in liquid nitrogen. So, yes, this is like uber-crazy bubble hash on steroids. End of the day, its still just cold and agitation that gets the crystals off, but in this case there are no bubble bags to seperate out the plant material from the crystals. I don't really see any point to this other than cool factor.

17. Tldr…

Yup just high tech kiefing.

18. Basic technique
    In our previous article, we already spoke of the basic technique for obtaining nitrohash. Here is what you do: introduce a small drum like the Hashmaker in a nitrogen cylinder, wait two minutes for it to freeze, remove it, shake it and voilà! Prime quality nitrohash. The simplicity and effectiveness of this method are amazing; the trichomes isolate almost right away. The problem with this method is that appliances such as the Hashmaker aren't designed to be used like this, so the plastic zippers end up breaking; also, you can only process a small amount of material each time.

Read on
    http://www.cannabis.info/UK/library/8451-nitrohash

19. So basically it is more expensive then bubble bags....but this can burn your skin off to boot.

Sounds great.......:rolleyes:

20. If your an idiot with basically any solvent, they can all hurt you (Except bubble bags) it's just about having the proper safety equipment, and the right knowledge to do the job.
    This process makes a waxy or buddery product once its scraped and rolled into a ball.
    Some people prefer other methods over the common ones such as bho or iso, and just because you favor iso or bho that's no reason to dismiss the nitrohash method just because you see room for error in it.
    nitrohash can make a better tasting product than iso or bho.