Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone know anything about Sarcoidosis?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dragonriot, Mar 12, 2010.

1. So, my mom has Sarcoidosis, a couple popped disks in her back, and she's overweight... morbidly obese... The Sarcoidosis has affected her lungs, and she can't exercise enough to actually lose weight doing it... I've never seen THC mentioned in any articles or journals about treating Sarcoidosis, but I know there's supposedly no cure. Can anyone provide any evidence of Medical Marijuana helping with symptoms, or repairing the damage done by Sarcoidosis?

2. Thanks... i found that link last night, and sent it, along with three others, to my mom... Today was epic... I asked her if she got my e-mail, and she said yes. She also said before she got my e-mail, she had talked to a Podiatrist and her lung doctor, and both asked her why she didn't have a cardiologist... she came home, and started studying sarcoidosis, and called a cardiologist.

Later, we're sitting in the living room eating dinner, and she leans over to my dad and says "Dragonriot's gonna make us brownies..." (name changed to protect the innocent - or guilty - lol.) My son only 10 feet away, I couldn't hold back the laugh, and I had to make a quick exit from the room. Today was the day my mom figured out I have weed in the house, and she wasn't pissed about it. She questioned me about it, and I said not to worry, because it's not like I come off to anyone as a typical stoner, and I only use it to sleep.

Overall, it was a good day. I'm 30, so it's not like she could tell me to not smoke up, but my son and I do live in their house, whether I pay rent or not, I have to follow their rules. It's nice to know she isn't pissed about me having weed in the house.

3. One of my friend's Mom has had neurologic sarcoidosis-she recently had to have a hip replacement because of all the steroids. It is really good that you are researching things for your Mom, because having a rare disease really requires the patient to become a fully informed health care consumer. So many docs just don't want to deal with incurable patients with odd diseases. They would rather everyone just had a nice simple sinus infection or something:(