Anyone know anything about Puna?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by talon41ak, Nov 9, 2015.

1. First off, I've only been smoking for maybe 2 or 3 years, and growing for close to one. The plants I have now are all clones that were given to me by the same guy. After giving me the first clone ( I have absolutely no idea what strain it is, he didn't say at the time and now doesn't remember ) and seeing that I could grow and wasn't gonna fuck the plants up, he gave me what he says is his prized strain. He's an old timer who says its an old strain, the original puna, and is what classic Hawaiian strains like Maui wowie and Kona gold were bred from. He picked up the seeds from Hawaii in the 60s and has been growing it ever since. The buds grow fat, and takes about 50-60 days to flower. This stuff is easily the strongest I've ever smoked, and everyone else that I've given some to say the same thing. I just want to know if anyone knows anything about this strain (the history of it, if it's a landrace, etc) cause there's very little I can find about it online. Is there any truth to what I was told about it being the father of current Hawaiian strains?

Thanks for any help you can give