Anyone know anything about foggers?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sir_Buddington, Mar 11, 2009.

1. I have a small cab grow that I will beginnning very soon but my humidity is very low at 20%, in order to fix this I was thinking about getting a humidifier but when i went by a hydro store, they were telling me about a fogger which does the same job and I was wondering if anyone ever used a fogger and if they work well or if they create a stable humidity.

Thanks

2. Well i use a 40w bulb, i think a fog lite will be too bright. Try it and lets us know.

3. A Fogger just sounds like an expensive humidifer. I live in Tahoe and have like 10% humidity outside.. so a humidifer was important to me

I spent $40 on ebay and got a Holmes Humidifer with preset levels 30% 40% 50%, And came with an ionizer which eliminates all smell in the air! ( so no one can smell ur babies!)

http://www.holmesproducts.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=1290

I got one on ebay for $30 so i would search around but here is an idea

4. haha

OP: Personally, I wouldn't trust the fogger to humidify my room, there's something about spraying water into the air that just doesn't sit right with me.... especially when we fight so hard to keep mold and mildew down.

5. What the hell are you talking about?

6. hes talking about fog lights on a car, talking about being bright, he is a bright spark!

7. #7 Sir_Buddington, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
    I looked at the one you suggested because it sounds amazing but its way too big for my cabinet which measures about 2 ft wide x 1 foot deep x about 4.5 ft tall (for specific details, please look at my sig). Do you know of any small humidifiers?

I agree with you i feel like it would negatively affect my plants, and since many people dont use it i do not have too much confidence in it. I brought it up because at my local hydro store i can get a small fogger for 50 bucks which is a good thing for me.

Or are there anyway that I can increase humidity to the needed level that is small in size?

8. i would suggest a mister ( usually used for terrariums) in a gallon of water. However dont put it in the grow space rather somewhere in your room. Gradually increase the humidity in your entire room/space and not just where your growing.