Anyone know a good lawyer in the NY area?

Discussion in 'General' started by sandaclaus, Aug 16, 2011.

1. I have talked about this a few times on here, and am asking around where I live...I might as well ask here...

If anyone, including trolls, has knowledge of any lawyer willing to take on a medical malpractice case, and works pro bono, please let me know, whether in a private message or on here.

I tried going to my county's free law service, but was told drs could pretty much do whatever they want to people like me...

I am not sure what to do at this point...

Thanks.

2. I'm not in NY, so can't specifically help you with an attorney. But what I would recommend is contacting your state's bar association. Explain to them the situation and they'll be able to set you up with an attorney that is qualified to handle your case. Sometimes a fee is involved in this (something along the lines of like $30), but if you're out of options, that's probably the way to go.

Also, med mal claims are very difficult. In my state you can't just file suit. You have to go through a whole administrative process first. Then there are very detailed rules for filing suit after you get out of that process. Most attorneys don't want to mess with med mal claims just because of how difficult they are, and typically there are statutory caps on how much you can recover. So you need an attorney that is quite experienced with these types of claims.

But try the NY bar and see what you can come up with. Good luck!

3. I have an unusual situation here, and have found people in place to help me just don't want to listen. The incident in the hospital ruined my livelihood, and am pretty pissed. I went into the hospital knowing I was sick, and wanted treatment that would allow me to do my job. Instead, I was tortured, and they fucked with my brain bad. I have never once been arrested, and have dealt with a serious illness all my life. At 29, became a medical miracle after receiving an implant, and dedicated my life to helping others.

In five minutes of an examination, I was forced to take drugs ( I was shot up twice in the ass by them. First time, it was because I refused to take teh drugs...the second time, I was on no sleep for two days scared as hell in the mental ward...They drove me into an animal like being)

I am also kind of a civil rights "leader", although I have calmed down a lot, and have tried focusing on Satna Economics. However, because of the incident, I just don't care anymore, and I feel like I have to fight that urge and force myself to care...

Going up against the medical community is something that few people are successful at...I am told it is impossible, and I will just make things harder for myself.

But if i don't take a stand now, they will be able to do this again, and that is just scary. The medical community will not be able to argue against me, and believe I can get public support based on Santa Econonics ( a type of theory that would help turn the image of Santa Claus into a tool for charity)

This is not just a ny thing...I believe this is a federal case, and have no idea who to even speak of. ITs why I keep relatively quiet. When it first happened, I tried politicians and local lawyers, and was shocked nobody cared.

I am stuck...I will try to NY bar exam next week, and if anyone has any other ideas, it would be greatly appreciated...Thanks.

4. Jim Adler the Texas hammer! Lol jk but I'm not really sure google? Sorry man

5. Thanks, I just emailed him and explained my unusual case...It sounds completely crazy, and I am hoping some lawyer can find the beauty in my case.

6. If you are upstate N.Y. in buffalo they have a group called V.L.P. Volunteers Lawyers Project. They do pro-bono work for the community

7. Crazy people are usually crazy...

8. yeah, but it doesn't mean we don't have the same rights as the sane people...

9. Adler turned me down...Apparently, a medical malpractice claim is different than an injury case...Oh well, I will keep trying.

10. The problem you're running into is twofold.

1) You unfortunately do come across as a little looney. No offense intended, and you may be perfectly fine, I'm just pointing out that when you're discussing the Santa Economics (which may be a great idea by the way, I'm not judging that), it's detracting from your argument of medical malpractice. So my advice is to leave that out when you talk to an attorney. Leave out the civil rights stuff. Just describe what you went in for, what they did, what your injuries are, and why you feel that is malpractice.

2) Med mal claims are hard as hell. Most attorneys will absolutely do anything to avoid taking one. It needs to be an open and shut case. "I went in to have my right arm worked on, and they cut off my left leg." And then if you're talking about getting the case in federal court, you're really looking at an incredibly high hurdle (unless you can prove diversity of citizenship, i.e. you're a citizen of a different state than the hospital and doctors.)

But if you feel you have been wronged, by all means keep trying to pursue it. There is always an attorney out there that will take your case, you just have to find him.

11. I was not tortured in the hospital...I was tortured because I had epilepsy. I know Santa Economics is different, but so was the light bulb when that got started ( The idea that someone was going to take away darkness would have seemed pretty far fetched during that time)...LOL!! I am not comparing myself to Edison at all, but can understand why people are non-believers. For a guy not to make a single dime, I have my work cut out for me.

But i am an Epileptic, and a proud one. I credit my illness, and the fact I survived about 25 years of pure hell, for the person I am today. I have spent the last six years studying my illness, and trying to figure out how to get better. I seriously doubt a dr, no matter how good they are, can determine in five minutes the type of drug a person needs to take for their seizures, especially without ever seeing their medical records.

This means, no matter how much good I try to do, no matter how much money I make, drs like these can take it all away from me because my brain is not strong enough to handle those drugs. I have never hurt anyone, never been arrested ( recently, I had a Cop call me the most impressive person he has ever met in his twenty years on the force, and this is after I hit a tree with a truck, left the scene of a accident, and had no ID to give him...I got off with no penalty)...

Epileptics are the minority group with the fewest rights, and I am told to just accept this. The Epilepsy foundation does, and that is why they don't get involved in crimes like this...I have read the American history books, including the Constitution. I just feel I have the right to treat myself, and not be forced to take drugs that are extremely dangerous.

12. One more thing.

1/3 of people with epilepsy do not respond well to medications. This is a huge number, and something that should be taken seriously. I had been on those drugs all my life, and they never worked. In fact, they made life more difficult at times ( this is a common complaint amongst the E community)

A simple look at my medical history would have shown all of this, but apparently these doctors are so good, none of that stuff is relevant. They pumped me up with drugs, never spoke about the problem I went into the hospital for, and laughed at me when I had a seizure...I still get pissed thinking about it.

Forcing drugs upon people is ethically wrong, especially when that person is not a threat to himself or others. In the 1930's, there were laws preventing people like me from marrying and having children. Sure, these laws went away, but the idea that you can treat epilepsy with a simple pill is completely ignorant.

Beep, I am not sure about anyone else, but I know for a fact I have earned the right to get healthy. I am as knowledgable a patient as they come, and care what happens to my brain. Its this attitude that gets me in trouble, but it also has me wanting to fight.