Anyone kno about shrooms?

Discussion in 'General' started by BostonKid, Sep 25, 2004.

1. ok...I found these wild mushrooms outside in my yard. Are they safe to eat and will I trip? any info would be really appreciated.

2. if you found them in your yard DO NOT EAT THEM.
    i'm from an area with an abundance of 'magic mushrooms' very experienced with the process.
    you can find several identifying charts and images here. http://www.erowid.org
    if you cannot identify a mushroom DO NOT TEST THEM.

maybe if you could snap a picture of this mushroom.

-nick

3. Here is a pic of the shrooms i found

Attached Files:

4. i wouldnt eat them

5. Those are not psychedelic

6. does anyone have any pictures of psychedelic shrooms?

7. where are you located? if you live in an area with cow pastures around, these are where you want to go! the fertilizer in the ground tend to groww just wwhat you want.

8. my dumb ass cousin ate shrooms out of the yard one day as a kid, he got sick as hell and my aunt took him to the hospital because alot of wild shrooms are deadly

9. There are so many different sort of shrooms out there, you should never eat ones you happen to find, unless you are experienced, or know of dedicated magic mushroom spots. Plus there are many shrooms that may look the same as hallucinogenic mushrooms, but are actually poisonous, and could kill you. Read up on erowid.com about magic mushrooms.

Luckily shrooms are legal to buy fresh in the Uk, so i can just go into town to buy some.

10. Are you serious :eek: That is so sick, are the ones that make you trip hard? :hippie: :hippie: :hippie: :hippie:

11. Well i havent really eaten enough to trip hard yet. But they sell a selection in Camden Market:
    Colombian, Mexican, Hawaiin sometimes, also mexican truffles or philosphers stones.
    Theres other shops around that probably sell even stronger ones though.
    Ive only tripped twice so far, and have some that i dried out to keep. So i think in 2 weeks time i have another trip planned.

The first trip was very fun, we all shared some mexican shrooms tea, i experienced no open eye visuals, but strong closed eye visuals and some strange wall warping, also i became very talkative and giggly, we all had very very strange conversations, looking at colours and objects, and generally had an amazing time.

On the second trip, my friend tripped very hard, and told me hed basically experienced an out of body sensation, aswell as strong visuals. Although on that trip i didnt experience the same strength of effects. I think it really depends on the person and there diet for the past day.
    On the next trip ill be consuming a lot more though.

12. mexican mushrooms? such as cubensis? those are found in a vast area in the lower united states. golden tops fading to white, sometimes a purple outline around the cap.. and of course the purple ring round the stem. pinch the stem, if it turns blue, take a chew.

13. No....I dont live anywhere near cows. I guess my best bet would be to buy some spores and grow my own, huh? Does anyone know shroom laws in the US?

14. Man skip out on those shrooms in the pic.
    And if you want go do your fair share of research on www.erowid.com and make sure you check out hella pictures of shrooms so you can ID that shit.

I've checked out a fair share of pictures and according to my resarch I think I came accross some mushrooms like that before---and I think they where poisines (sp) as in a bad way.

Do your research--don't risk that shit.

--Will

15. http://www.jug-or-not.com/shroom/law.html

I found the above link. If I find confliciting information later then I'll post it. :)

...and yes, you should grow your own. It's better. Way better! :D

16. Ive been reading about shrooms for a couple days and I think I know a lot more about them now but I just have one more question. Do all magic mushrooms turn blue when you pinch the stem?

17. I think some mushrooms that arent magic also can turn blue when you pinch them. But if they fit the description and picture of the type your looking for, aswell as the area they are growing, theyre probably gonna me magic ones, just have a phone ready incase you start getting really sick.

18. some poisonous cubes will turn blue when you pinch the stem, so thats no true way to tell if its toxic or not, i wouldnt do that in the wild unless you were exp'd.

19. unless your yard is a cow pasture, i wouldnt eat them. They do not look like shrooms ive ever seen.

If youve never shroomed b4, take an experenced person with you to help identify them.