Anyone into stocks? as in Wall street

Discussion in 'General' started by Jah_Zarathustra, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Just wondering if we got any stoner investors here... For the past couple months i've been playing what they call virtual stock exchange on marketplace . com and it is very realistic/fun. If there are enough people interested, maybe we could get a GC league and all compete against each other...

2. id maybe be down to learn about the market those virtual things are a good way to learn and not waste money in the process...but ya i dont really know to much about the stock market

id like to learn many things tho i dont have much time to do it all(edit: i have cancer. zzzzinnnggg)

3. Yeah I know how it basically works, but I definitely don't have enough knowledge or extra money to actually do it. The virtual thing sounds pretty cool though... is it hard to figure out if you don't know much about stocks? Like do they show you what you're doing and help you out at first?

4. I don't have too much money invested in stocks at the moment but yes I invest in stocks among other things. During the build up to the Iraq war I bought some defense contractors stock and it was a very nice investment since I knew they were going to get some gov. contracts.