Anyone indoor growers deal with tiny little mites or bugs?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by DevilRed, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Ive noticed one of my plants has a few of these super super tiny little black insects in the soil. They look much like a fruit fly that you get around banannas....possibly smaller.

Anyone growing indoors have these? Not sure if they are even a problem.

If they are a problem, any products or methods to rid myself of them. Im 3/4 way through flowering.

2. i havent seen the blk bugs, but ive seen the white ones, lol i know the mites are harmless, i guess they come with the soil. the blk ones, im not sure. ive heard lemon juice could be some sort of deterent, but i may be wrong. sorry.

3. Yea, these are some tiny tiny little black rascals. They don't seem to be causing any harm. My plants are still healthy and the leaves don't have any bite marks or anything. They seem to live in the soil, not on the plants leaves.

Im likely worried over nothing. Odds are they prob do more good than harm. Like a tiny little ecosystem in my closet :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fungus Gnats are a pain in the ass but an easy fix... get yellow sticky traps from a hydroponic store or a hardware store.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah, most likely fungus gnats.Traps aren't usually enough. It's a humidity and watering issue that can even manifest in root rot if the conditions dont change and get worse. Get your humidity under control first, put some fans in and exhaust the room. You can spray neem on top of medium to try to kill em. If you're in soil, put sand or diamaticus(sp?) Earth to cover the top of your soil. If it gets bad get some nematodes. Not a bad problem and easy to fix if you're on it. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NO NO NO!!! Don’t use Neem!!!!
    What Is Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome (CHS)?
    It can cause CHS!

7. Interesting, I'd never heard that. The way I was advocating using it probably wouldn't do much harm, but after reading about CHS, why take the risk. Never really used much neem before, but now its adios. Thanks for the heads up brother.

8. My pleasure!!! I had a TERRIBLE case of CHS for about 2 months till I found the cause and quit using it. All the vomiting and sickness went away within a week of quitting Neem weed. I had over $1,000 in blood tests and scans to figure out what was wrong and there was no explanation until I mentioned Neem.

• Winner Winner x 1