Anyone in the Seattle area who is pro-legalization, this is absolutely the meeting...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Anthony19WA, Apr 6, 2010.

1. ...to go to. I'm a coordinator for Sensible Washington, the initiative that would remove all penalties and legalize anyone over 18 to possess, grow, sell, transport or use marijuana. We just got our first hard count back and right now we have around 70,000, so we're off to a great start but need 241,153 by July 2nd.

Aanmelden | Facebook

At the Greenlake Library in Seattle at 6PM tomorrow (Tuesday April 6th) we'll be having a volunteers meeting, we're trying to get it as packed as possible. Phillip Dawdy the campaigns manager and Vivian McPeak, one of the co-authors and founder of Hempfest will be there as well along with multiple other coordinators. It's the perfect place to learn more about the petition, meet volunteers involved with Sensible Washington, get blank petitions and sign the petition, etc.

2. every stoner in seattle needs to be there!!!!! Im gunna spend tomorrow at pike market, ill tell everyone signing to head to the meeting.

3. 70,000 already? Holy shit, I thought you guys barely got a few thousand. That's pretty damn incredible, hopefully i'll find a place to sign, so that my entire family can vote on it since we're all pro legalization.

4. Awesome, thanks a lot, anyone we can drag in to help out is a score!

And to Jlotz, yeah, we were actually expecting about half of that and were pleasantly surprised to find ourselves where we are. We likely have considerably more than that as well because plenty of businesses and individuals didn't turn in their signatures for the hard-count.