Anyone here written a Marijuana decriminalization paper?

Discussion in 'General' started by xsaqzw, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Over the break I was supposed to write an argumentative paper for English about the decriminalization of Marijuana. I completely forgot about it, and I have to turn it in in about 6 hours. I was just wondering if anyone that has already written a similar paper help give me some ideas/sources.

2. i don't have any reliable sources for you but one point that i would really key in on it industrial hemp, not only how it can be used but its environmental efficency too. for that, i do have a source. its long but. woah, talk about informative.

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/ncnu02/v5-284.html

3. DUDE - you were given the most awesome assignment ever and forgot about it?
    shame on you!

but if you use the search button... you'll likely find lots of good stuff. read some threads with great info in the past.

4. Well, I suggest you do a paper on legalization and taxation. Why? Because legalization and taxation is the ONLY way to get rid of the problem - the violent gangsters primarily funded by the black market conditions cannabis falls under. If it were taxed and regulated like alcohol, one could start up a legitimate business and be able to sell a cheap, highly potent product at no risk of being imprisoned.

The tax dollars it would generate would certainly be over 10 billion per year, and could be as high as 50 billion or more.

5. We should also have it very regulated. Like special bags to sell the bud in from liquor stores and shit. To know its real legal bud and not off the black market. Also arrest people for plants. Have them buy their fix from the local store!

6. Negative on arresting people for plants. The market will create itself. It's legal to grow tomatoes but they are still sold in stores. People wouldn't put a whole lot of work into growing when they could go to the store and buy it. Remember, it will be very cheap once it's legal.

7. Shit, i have one but I left it on the campus computers... FUCK.

I coulda just gotten you an A too.. :(

Sorry for the Epic Fail on my part mang!