Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone here taking medical cannabis for panic disorder?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Heat97, May 14, 2013.

1. I was just wondering.. Has anyone on these forums went to a dispensary or cannabis doctor to be treated for panic disorder/severe anxiety/panic attacks ?

I am very curious to know what a profesional dispensary would reccomend for that. (What type of strain)

Ive heard strawberry cough and headband were the best for anxiety ect. But I just wana know what the pros would reccomend.

I have had severe anxiety/panic disorder problems after leaving the military.

I currently have a silver surfer vaporizer and a water filteration system to go with it. And its the cleanest hits ever that gives me no anxiety/paranoia if I only take 1 hit. But still Im only limited to 1 hit . I can no longer get stoned without having anxiety.

Im considering moving to a medical area for treatment. But im just looking for some feedback from people on medical cannabis for my problem.

I do not want to go back to anxiety meds because they made me had suicidal thoughts and I was never suicidal. If you can understand now why I want to use medical cannabis for my problem.

2. I'm medicating(unprescribed) for similar reasons, although I don't know specifically I can tell somethings wrong...wish I could tell you what medicine is best, but I just kinda take whats around.

3. Im pretty much doing the same aswell. Mangos been around for awhile in this area and its been great with my anxiety. I can still only take 1 hit, but anything above that ill panic.

But when OG deathstar came around.. That stuff was the best for anxiety. I could take 4 hits and have no anxiety at all. Thats how I know certain strains are great for people with my problem.

4. It was interesting to me, after I ETS'ed I didn't find weed to be enjoyable...I had/have a tendency to be really on edge and snortables blend right into that(long done with that)...I had to actually make a conscious effort to relax and not want to do, do, do activities in order to enjoy weed, but it really helps me to relax.

I actually know a Licensed Social Worker who has PTSD from prior police work, and I think MJ has been helpful to him. 

5. I have the same experience as you with most strains of cannabis... Anxiety/Paranoia some even give me full blown Panic Attacks after only one hit. Also suffer from anxiety/panic disorder and had a very negative experience with pharmaceuticals. Same as you actually, suicidal thoughts and actions. :eek:

Your best bet is sticking to one hit at a time, until you can get some high CBD meds. http://psychcentral.com/news/2012/06/07/marijuana-compound-may-beat-antipsychotics-at-treating-schizophrenia/39803.html

Check this out as well http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f30/we-need-to-raise-awareness-for-cannabidiol-cbd-186505/

Don't sleep on the high CBD meds. Some are available from seed (least recommended as they will take the most time to get help from) and there are several clone only varieties that have high CBD content.

Such as Harlequin on the west coast, or R4 in Colorado http://www.greenwerkz.com/index.php/r4-ultra-high-cbd-non-psychoactive-strain-to-become-open-source/

Both seem promising. To be honest I've been smoking cannabis for over 13 years, and I took a break recently... And since my tolerance went down I have the same problem you've been having.

I'm pretty much done with MMJ until I can grow my own CBD meds. The stuff I used to like makes me panic now. :confused:

It really sucks because MJ was my favorite pain medicine. Now I'm stuck with boring old conventional medicine that doesn't always work when you need it to...

6. Thanks for the links! Very interesting. I know well about cbd strains. Ive tried to get my hand on seeds to grow but im too scared to buy online cause im in FL. ;(

Try to slowly get back into smoking if you really miss it from the break. (Vaporizer/water filter really helps with anxiety)

But I could never smoke untill I started to take supplements for anxiety (stress b complex, green tea capsules, magnesium citrate, omega 3 capsules and a multivitamin. )

Once I had those supplements in my system/ started to cut the fast food /processed foods and started to exercise again. I could smoke with no anxiety.

I could smoke 1 hit and get a nice buzz and be good . But anything above 2 hits and ill have a panic attack.

Ive had some great OG deathstar and I had bad anxiety.. But I could take 4 hits with no anxiety off this specific strain. . While If I took 1 hit of a sativa ide have a panic attack. So you gotta try to get a nice mango or purp strain. Those are the best for my anxiety.

7. Don't be scared because of the state, buy your seeds through the attitude and select the guaranteed shipping option. Its safe.

I just put 3 High CBD seeds in the dirt last night at midnight: Medicann - Blue Blood x1 and Bodhi Seeds - Good Medicine x2.

That Deathstar sounds good man, never had it before but seen some impressive pics of it growing indoors in Ohio.

Thanks for the tips on the supplements bro, I started with Stress B-Complex and already noticing a huge improvement in my mental health.

I am going to permanently quit smoking, vaporizer and tinctures from now on as needed :metal: Smoking weed just poses too much risk in terms of harmful chemicals from the smoke. I had really bad pulmonary issues in the past and the drugs they put you on suck but not as bad as not being able to breath.

I've had quite a few purp strains before, never any Mango, that's interesting. :) I Have a feeling the Purp and Mango have the right Terpene compounds: Myrcene and Limonene to calm your anxiety.

That's good about the exercise man, I started exercising daily as well, just remember not to smoke any Indica before a work out. They make ya lazy. ;)

I just hope I can shake these feelings with the help of some high CBD cannabis, I miss being able to forget about all the bullshit of the past.

Take care :wave: