Anyone here play SWTOR?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by XR100, Jul 2, 2012.

1. What do you think of it?

2. played the beta. had fun.

probly torrent it and find a private server whenever they get that going. def not paying 15 a month to play a video game lol

3. My nephew plays it. He says its awesome as long as you get on a highly populated server. I want to get it but haven't been able to yet.

4. totally rockin. waited so long for this to come out. i highly recommend everyone jumps on it asap!

im surprised there's not more rep here for the game. figured we'd have a good GC crew on swtor.

5. Don't play it. Game is awful,

Probably one of the worst MMOs in a long time. Rift, WoW, and the Secret World are all much better games

6. [quote name='"DrazyHaze"']Don't play it. Game is awful,

Probably one of the worst MMOs in a long time. Rift, WoW, and the Secret World are all much better games[/quote]

Gotta agree with this post right here. Really bad game.

7. i think its hilarious that recently EA badmouthed steam for having summer sales saying it was undervalueing intellectual property and that they would never have anything like that. The week after Origin had an 85% off sale and recently SWTOR has been made free-to-play up to level 15. EA serisouly know how to shoot themselves in the foot...FUCK EA

8. I give ToR till the rest of the year until it becomes free to play completely.

9. Games alright. Played a couple.betas headstart live servers for like a month but it just doesn't feel like an mmo. WAY to many loading screens.

10. Well, i take it that none of you bad mouthers have a current account. So you would not have played it with all of the current updates like the group finder and the legacy system. End game content and gear has been expanded 10 fold with all of the current patches. New warzones, flashpoints, and they consolidated all of the servers putting people together with free server transfers. The game has improved greatly. The beta version was just that... beta. And is in no way a good representation of current game play. I know i'm gonna get it for this one, but WoW wasn't all that in the first 6 months it came out...

Perhaps you guys could explain why it is such an awful game.

11. [quote name='"dannydolfan"']Well, i take it that none of you bad mouthers have a current account. So you would not have played it with all of the current updates like the group finder and the legacy system. End game content and gear has been expanded 10 fold with all of the current patches. New warzones, flashpoints, and they consolidated all of the servers putting people together with free server transfers. The game has improved greatly. The beta version was just that... beta. And is in no way a good representation of current game play. I know i'm gonna get it for this one, but WoW wasn't all that in the first 6 months it came out...

Perhaps you guys could explain why it is such an awful game.[/quote]

Haters gonna hate man. One day people will just not post in threads about games they don't like, but that day won't come until kids aren't allowed on the internet.

I haven't played since about a month after launch, but I'm going to try it out again before I pass judgment. I had high hopes for the game, hence why I haven't given up on it. I'm mostly disappointed that SWG was shut down, I enjoyed that game from launch day until the day the servers were shut down ;(

12. December 15th was a dark day. Played that for years on and off for years! It was a business move. They didn't want two mmo's competing with each other and i know they had invested too much $$ and way too much time into SWTOR to keep both of them running.

13. the game isnt amazing, but its not my cup of tea. Personally, i think EA is the cancer of the gaming industry, and i wish nothing more upon them other than failure in all their endeavours, which i can see coming in not too long of a time period.

14. I'm a big fan of single player RPG's over MMO's, and basically I don't like SWTOR because they scrapped my KOTOR 3 in order to develop it.:mad:

15. [quote name='"dannydolfan"']Well, i take it that none of you bad mouthers have a current account. So you would not have played it with all of the current updates like the group finder and the legacy system. End game content and gear has been expanded 10 fold with all of the current patches. New warzones, flashpoints, and they consolidated all of the servers putting people together with free server transfers. The game has improved greatly. The beta version was just that... beta. And is in no way a good representation of current game play. I know i'm gonna get it for this one, but WoW wasn't all that in the first 6 months it came out...

Perhaps you guys could explain why it is such an awful game.[/quote]

Yeah...all the "positive" features and improvments you listed isn't really the reason why people say the game is bad. But it doesn't really matter. ToR is on its last legs, and GW2 along with WoW's next expansion are all coming in to put ToR out of its misery.

They really should have just made, "Knights of The Old Republic 3." Probably would have saved them a couple of million.

16. then what are the reasons why "people" say the game is bad? your still just bashing with no specific reason why you do not like it. i would like to know why. im not trying to start an argument, just want some clarification.

17. well that makes sense. i understand why you do not like it. one of the biggest reasons i do like tor is the mmo aspect of it.

if they did make a kotor 3 im sure it woulda been epic. id buy it. i owned the previous 2.

18. [quote name='"dannydolfan"']

then what are the reasons why "people" say the game is bad? your still just bashing with no specific reason why you do not like it. i would like to know why. im not trying to start an argument, just want some clarification.[/quote]

To many loading screens is my main problem(and its kinda a big problem) with it makes it just not feel like an mmo. Planets are to big(to much traveling for one quest). Also a little barren. Pvp was fun, best part of the game imo, and my old guildie said they are better. Ummm lagacy shit isnt that great, dungeon finders are nice i guess. played the.new WZ its just ok. O and imo TOO story based. I know that was there main thing but the same cut scenes in the FPs get really annoying and theres always the one guy thay wont skip. Umm probably more but thats all i remember atm.

19. I was a long time SWG player and I've always been a huge Star Wars fan.. so... naturally... I was pumped for SWTOR and I followed its development for many years.

I ended up quitting, along with most of my guild and friends, because the game is just... it's missing something. Maybe it's the fact that I subconsciously compare it to the other star wars MMO i played, but still. It just didn't hit the spot for me. Lackluster pvp, boring end game, etc. The voice overs were nice though.