Anyone here not talk to their parents?

Discussion in 'General' started by TitoMaas, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Anyone else here not talk to your rents?

feelsgoodman.jpg

2. [quote name='"TitoMaas"']Anyone else here not talk to your rents?

feelsgoodman.jpg[/quote]

I live with them....

Haha tryna support my mom, because she kicked my dad out last week for the 100th time...

3. Just talked to my mom, she's sending me money so I can buy munchies + music.

4. Not really, but mostly because we have nothing to talk about. I catch up with my mom every now and then about what's going on in our lives. My dad and I talk when we see each other.

5. I'm personally very close with my parents. I think I have best parents in the World and I'm super blessed. Feels good man, they are a little cool with the buds too

6. Well yeah, cuz they're dead...

7. There have been only three occasions where me and my folks stopped talking for a long period of time.

1.) When I had to live in a mental facility for a period of time. I refused to see anyone who came to visit or accept any phone calls.

2.) When I got heavily involved into hard drugs. I was ashamed when they found out, so I broke contact. I could only assume that they didn't want much to do with me either at that point.

3.) When I announced my engagement. My parents have never really been the biggest fan of my husband. My mother even told my husband (boyfriend at the time) on one occasion that "______, your no fucking better than a pimp!". I come from a fairly Orthodox Jewish family, and they always judged my husband since we have been together very harshly because he is Hispanic. My folks were pretty damn pissed off, eventually they came around, they still shit talk every chance they get. I've just learned to let it slide.

8. Not me but my aunt doesn't talk to my grandpa since forever, then when i was young my dad, her brother, also got into some disagreement with my grandpa so by default i haven't seen him in a minute.

My mom doesn't talk to her dad, and that started before i was born.

And right now my sister isn't speaking to my dad and that probably won't change for a good while. I guess my family knows how to hold grudges.

9. everytime i talk to my dad i get mad and irritated because he keep repeating and reminding the same shit, so i try not to i feel bad though cuz i will never get to experience those father and son moment.

10. My Dad's parents divorced when he was young. He has bipolar disorder and is a terrible father.

"And even though you needed me,
    It was clear that I couldn't do a thing for you"

11. I usually see/talk to my mom at least once a month. I don't see my dad too often, just because of our work schedules. I drive past my parent's place going to work, but he's not home at that point. When I'm driving home (after 11pm), he's already alseep. Sometimes my mom's still awake, so if I see the light on I'll usually stop and talk for a few minutes.

My family's pretty much always gotten along. I don't remember a time were anyone would refuse to talk to somebody else, so I can't relate.

12. I talk to my parents everyday, but I think that's because I live with them :laughing:

I'd still call them if I moved away.

13. I love my parents, and won't say I don't to look cool on the internet.

14. I try n call my parents once a week at least, and that feels good my man.

15. I talk to my mom everyday, she lives with us so I can help her take care of herself. I wasn't enthusiastic about it at first but I realized that I should be grateful for the time I have with her. You can't get your parents back once they're gone.

16. Me nn the pops don't really get along I guess we're both hard headed haha n I'm good with my mom she's the best mom anyone could ask for for real same with the rest of the family

17. dont feel good when you dont know who they are haha..

18. Since my mid twenties my mother & I speak only every couple of/or three years or so.
    And not entirely without reason. When I was young I was a first class, top of the line, screw-up. And that includes the booze & drugs to the point it controlled my life & copped a decade from me.

I couldf tell you mom was in & out of institutions all of the time I was growing up or that dad was a raging alcoholic with all of the beatings & neglect that went along with it, no sexual thank god, yada, yada, it's a long story, too long.

The last time I saw her for a whole fifteen minutes I was pulling away from the curb as she was standing there screaming obsenities from the driveway, this was late last year.

Mental problems run right down the middle of the family with nuts on one side & alcoholics & addicts on the other.

I'm very fortunate my seven kids don't have anything like that in there life.

A good woman will make that a reality.

19. I never had a solid relationship with my parents, I get along great with my mom now, but my dad & I just never really meshed with each other. FYI, my parents are divorced. My dad is an alcoholic:(, my mom's a total stoner (not that it bothers me!:D). My dad remarried when I was thirteen, and my stepmom is a control freak. She always tried to mold me into a person I didn't want to be, so once I graduated I got out there as soon as I could. I went on the road traveled cross-country, I was probably the happiest 18 year old around! I had a cool little group of friends I spent day in and day out with, (one of those friends becoming my husband!) Now I'm 21, married and just starting a life on my own. Even though they are my parents, I want to be the one to write my life story, not them. They don't have to agree, but just accept it.

Anyways, sorry for the rambling...all in all I say:
    "Live fast, live free"
    "Keep calm, smoke on":bongin:

20. yeah i dont speak to my father since he abandoned my family when i was 8, my mom worked hard to provide for 3 kids, and always stuck with us. i love her so much. but yeah my dad is a dick keeps having kids and abandoning them, so id rather not have any contact cuz he doesnt have any recognition as a father