Anyone here have a sibling die/commit suicide

Discussion in 'General' started by ganjaherbtoker, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I'm really sorry op. Her doing that at 15 is really rough. I hope everything ends up alright, best wishes.

2. Let us know how it goes. I wish you and your family the best and I hope you all see better times very soon.

My older brother committed suicide five years ago. He hadn't attempted it before, but he was deep in addiction, in and out of jail, recently overdosed. Meth is a very dangerous drug, it can do horrible things to someone's mind.

And to anyone who says suicide is selfish, fuck you. You have no right to judge my brother or anyone else who has ever attempted suicide, or even just considered it. Period.

3. One of my dads best friends had a suicide scare a few weeks ago he disappeared ditched his phone the cops found him about 90 miles away he was going to drive off a cliff and I'm sorry op my thoughts are with you

4. My two brothers died of a genetic disease.
    Another brother was stillborn.
    My baby sister was born premature.

I like to think I have four little guardian angels looking over me :)

5. [quote name='"Twee"']My two brothers died of a genetic disease.
    Another brother was stillborn.
    My baby sister was born premature.

I like to think I have four little guardian angels looking over me :)[/quote]

Did ur mom do drugs while pregnant? Thats kinda weird they all died u think?

6. I had a brother that died going on 10 years ago in september. Wasn't suicide, it was an asthma/emphysema attack. I'm glad you're sister pulled through I hope she gets the care she needs, as cliche as that sounds, it is true.

I had a bout with major depression and suicidal thoughts a few years ago, so I feel I may mildly understand. The pain sometimes really is too much to bear, but it doesn't have to stay that way. I hope she gets some kind of medication that will help ease her suffering. :wave: :smoke:

7. my mom had three miscarriages between my brother and me and she doesn't even use caffeine. sometimes terrible things happen to alright people :(

8. No.
    I don't think it's kind of weird.
    My brothers died of Ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency (OTCD).
    Wiki: A common urea cycle disorder, is a rare metabolic disorder, occurring in one out of every 80,000 births. OTCD is a genetic disorder resulting in a mutated and ineffective form of the enzyme ornithine transcarbamylase.

It only effects the baby boys.
    My other brother was stillborn. We don't know why.

My sister was born premature at home. My mother's heart stopped 3 times in the ambulance that night, I thank god that I didn't lose my mother that night too.

How dare you be so judgmental.

9. This made me sad... And she's only fifteen... I'm really sorry... I hope she can fight through it and find peace with life...

10. One of mine could of, the damn spoiled little bastard survived sadly and is now getting free money from the lawsuit.

11. Yep she's being forced to go to rehab type place for about a week by the county. She's been to these types of places before and they DO NOT help. A long term institution may. Oh, and I forgot to mention, when the cops came to my house they patted my sister down and then handcuffed her, which I find excessive. There were at least 7 cops that came, a bit ridiculous. The razor is gone from her body now, fortunately. I really miss her and feel bad that she has to go away. :eek: I just hope she doesn't attempt/succeed in killing herself in the future. :(:(

12. I'm sorry to here that

13. [quote name='"ganjaherbtoker"']Yep she's being forced to go to rehab type place for about a week by the county. She's been to these types of places before and they DO NOT help. A long term institution may. Oh, and I forgot to mention, when the cops came to my house they patted my sister down and then handcuffed her, which I find excessive. There were at least 7 cops that came, a bit ridiculous. The razor is gone from her body now, fortunately. I really miss her and feel bad that she has to go away. :eek: I just hope she doesn't attempt/succeed in killing herself in the future. :(:([/quote]

This is so frustrating... The government has no clue how to deal people going through mental turmoil or illness as the case may be. And yeah those places do nothing... My brother went to those places at least five times, and it never did jack shit except helped him meet more users lol. When he finally got sober he didn't go to rehab. Hope she does alright, be sure to let her know that some random guy from the internet wishes her the best! lol :)

14. She just got transferred to some place that's almost 2 hours from here. Stupid, and quite depressing. :(. It's been a while since I had a heart to heart with her. Substance abuse seems like a good idea at the moment.

15. had a friend of mine commit suicide about 2 months ago it wasnt as bad for me as it was for others but it cuaght us all off guard i dont think there was a day in my life ive seen that dude sad :/ to this day when me an my friends smoke we always dedicate the last blunt to him

16. It's always tough, I'm sorry, :(