Anyone here have a sibling die/commit suicide

Discussion in 'General' started by ganjaherbtoker, Mar 17, 2012.

1. =l

my sister has attempted suicide , and it sucks because I know I can't watch over her 24/7 and she still has suicidal thoughts.. my sisters like my best friend and I don't know what I would do without her.. i hope your sister is ok man.. keep us updated.

2. Sorry to hear that op... The world is a fucked up place and lots of people have immense trouble dealing with it including myself. I hope she's okay, and knows that her family and friends are there for her. Teenage depression is rough and if she isn't already, it wouldn't hurt to see a therapist of some sort, or a drug counselor if that be the case. My thoughts and sympathy go out for you op, there were times when I thought my brother had died when he would disappear for weeks so I can sort of relate to your pain. I really hope she makes a full recovery both physically and mentally

3. sorry to hear that i hope she makes it out ok.. not a sibling but my 2nd cousin died in a car crash, we took two cars she was in the one behind us, her car flipped off road after hitting somethin sharp and her window was open, her head got crushed and i saw her brains leaking out and blood everywhere, the driver was chilling like it was another day in the hood, i cant believe it though because a week prior to that incident she fell off her chair at a family bbq and hit the concrete hard and she said she felt like God was trying to take her life away....

Again i hope ur sis makes it out ok

4. I hope all goes well. Be there for her she needs it. Stay strong man.

About hospitals and waiting for a room it's ridiculous. I was in ER fading in and out of consciousness and the lady did not care one bit and told me sorry there's no rooms while I layed on the floor.

5. It sucks because you just know there's no rooms because some ass hole banker stubbed his toe and needs emergency treatment :rolleyes:

6. sorry to hear it man. i hope your sister is okay.

7. I wonder what her reason for doing this was? She is 15, makes me wonder if it wasn't over some guy, girls are crazy at that age.

hope she's ight.

8. 15's a very tough age, i went through the same thing at 15 and know others who did. I guess 15 is the border from teenage to adult, it's a tough time.

Hope she's OK, an update would be great OP, i cant stop thinking about her :(

9. My deepest condolences OP.

My father shot himself.

10. :eek: Oh man i'm sorry that must of been terrible. :eek:

11. Yes, she's ok right now, hopefully all turns out alright in the end. I'll update this a bit later, I have to go see her.

12. [quote name='"Skunky Monkey"']

:eek: Oh man i'm sorry that must of been terrible. :eek:[/quote]
    Don't want to thread-jack but it is certainly unpleasant.
    I was young so it didn't have the impact it could have.
    [quote name='"ganjaherbtoker"']Yes, she's ok right now, hopefully all turns out alright in the end. I'll update this a bit later, I have to go see her.[/quote]
    Good news, hoping for better progress.

13. Awesome i'm really glad she's OK. good luck and updating later would be awesome. Tell her the internet hopes she gets better soon :p:D

14. You both are in my thoughts, along with everyone else who's mentioned their own hard times and sadness in this thread :(
    We're fortunate we have a community here, where we can feel comfortable about being open about such things... we've got some STRONG folks in here, for dealing with their own, and with others hardships as positively in the long-run! You would never even know or suspect that some of us in here have had the problems, that we've had, by the way we handled ourselves in the years following. I don't want to point or single anyone out, for fear of leaving someone else out... but we've got some incredibly strong, good-hearted people here. :)

Please update us when you can Ganjaherbtoker, I'm staying positive and sending the proverbial 'good vibes' to you both. :)

15. My heart goes out to you and your family.

I've had a very arduous journey with mental illness and addiction. I tried to OD about two months ago. I spent four days in critical care.

I really hope she's ok, im so happy I got a second chance. (Really third or fourth not intentional )

16. For me, it was my mother. She attempted suicide several times before she finally succeeded. I can remember (twice) my father and his cousin walking her around as they filled her with coffee to help overcome the sleeping pills she took. She slashed her wrists a few times. And once my brother and I came home as they were taking her away in an ambulance- she had slashed open her belly with a carving knife. There was a huge puddle of blood in the kitchen.

Life with a suicidal, bi-polar mother was "eventful". :cool:

Hon, they will likely put your sister on antidepressants, which may, or may not work.

My brother is more like Mom than I am, and if it were not for the Welbutrin, this would likely be about 2 family members committing suicide! For my brother, Welbutrin is literally a life-saver.

However, my husband (chronic depression) is "zombie-fied" by all of them and just uses cannabis, "B" vitamins and Omega 3 now. The hubby said he felt "dead" on the antidepressants and refuses to take them! I hope your sister is one of those for whom the drugs work!

You hang in there, hon! These horrible events can either destroy you, or make you stronger! And with all of your friends supporting you, both IRL and here at GC, somehow I don't think this will destroy you! You will get through this, and help your sister get through it, too! :D

Granny :wave:

17. I have no remorse for people who do it to themselves, they are selfish to hurt those so close to them so much. I feel your pain and I wish you the best, but you have to get her serious help of she has multiple suicide attempts then obviously something is wrong.

18. jkilla, they are not selfish, they are living with a pain that becomes too great to bear!

Granny

19. I don't think I have ever heard anyone word it that way.

Absolutely true.

20. My sister was just admitted to the local hospital for having suicidal intentions :/