Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone here have a naturally high tolerance to weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by slugrat, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Some friends and I came off of a two week break of not smoking last friday, so we hung out that day and smoked like 7 joints, a blunt and some bong rips. After the first joint I didn't really get any higher while everybody else did.

I hadn't smoked since that day, woke up this and smoked a couple bowls and I was high for not even an hour. The longest I've ever gone without smoking was about 8 months and I felt the same.

My dealer grows his own weed and it's pretty good but not the best or anything. I guess my tolerance has always been high, but I don't smoke daily so idk.

Is anyone else here like this?

2. I'd say that issue is just people smoking shitty weed. One of my friends has the same issue, but I notice that whenever he gets weed he get's some real shitty stuff, and ends up smoking non stop just to stay high, and it wears off pretty qucik, when I smoked a few of my bowls with him (and I get good shit) the kid ended up being stoned off his ass.

I'm like 6'6" and 250lbs, so it's definitely not a size issue.

3. #3 worknman, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015

Sometimes, but not in my case. I've been smoking for a little over a year and have always had a high tolerance. I can smoke an entire joint of some potent shit that my friends (who have been smoking a lot longer than me, but are used to the mexican dirt weed) take 2 hits off of and then have to go lay down. I actually wanted to switch to vaping, but I can only manage a mild buzz off my Da Buddha vape. And I used to smoke cigs, so it's not like I don't know how to inhale.

Sucks for me, I guess.

4. Should be noted also that I seem to get a much better high off of edibles, so might wanna try that.

5. I definitely do.  If I am completely chronic-less for months on end, I might get one SUPER good high, but after that first rip my body completely adjusts to it and smoking weed is almost like smoking cigarettes in the sense that it doesn't have a real intoxicating effect on me, just a slight relaxant.

I remember in high school, even when smoking high mids I had to take bong hits after bong hits to get high, and the high was kind of underwhelming.

I ended up only smoking out of waterfall bongs to get total THC content, but it's a crazy amount of tar smoking this way.  I guess the only real solution for me would to be to do concentrates, but I'm not in a legal geographical location!

To answer your question, I think some people's bodies "adjust" to THC and it isn't as effective.  If you don't smoke for months and then take some giant bong rips of a really dank sativa, you should be high as fuck though... no matter what natural tolerance you have.  It's just after that you might not feel much.

6. #6 Abe421, Feb 23, 2015
    I feel this way too. When I smoke now, I won't get as high, and it won't last me long at all either. I don't know why this is so, but I hate it. I think it's because I've started eating edibles. When I smoke, I use a regular sized small bowl, and I usually smoke 3-5 hits. I don't know if this is a lot or a little, but let me know. That's just how much I usually can smoke, not because of the high, but just because of the smoking part. Either way, I still have edibles, and those I get really high off of, sometimes too high.

You should try taking Omega 3. It is supposed to help heal you Cannabinoid receptors or something like that. Look into it and give it a try, it may help.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Better weed helps alot, or use the bong alot for shittier weed. 

8. #8 NewSmoke15, Feb 23, 2015
    My girlfriend who is pretty inexperienced with weed, only ever smoked a handful of times, has a high tolerance. She only smokes on occasion- once every few months or so. I smoke every day to every other day, and she somehow always takes longer to get stoned than me whenever we smoke together. She's inhaling correctly, and we use my stash and my piece, so Idk why it takes more for her.

9. I have had weird tolerance issues with weed. Sometimes just 2 hits and I am flying above the earth's atmosphere. Sometimes I barely notice anything off of 5-6 hits. I take periodic breaks, 3-4 days off a week, every week and after my 'breaks' I don't get as high as I do by day 2-3 smoking in a row.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I am sitting next to a bowl of ATF and I'm getting high right now without even lighting it.

11. That's me too.

• Like Like x 2
  12. When I was younger I use to smoke a lot but every time the bowl was ash' I switched to another bowl. I wasted so much weed -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Not so much tolerance as high ability to spend weed. Not everyone can afford more than they want to have.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have always had an insane tolerance. I don't smoke as often as my friends (who smoke everyday) and I can out smoke any of them. I usually smoke about a dub to get high. It sucks cuz it is so expensive. I do get a really nice high but only after smoking about a dub, but have always had this problem.

P.S im not a noob i have been smoking for about four months pretty regularly

15. I also have a really high tolerance to adderall. I have taken high dosages such as 80 mg and have felt absolutely nothing. I dont know if these are related but i am also really bad a "processing" information. I find myself reading the same senctence five or six times before I have to start "decoding" it. Making it into multiple parts and trying to understand it that way. I had my IQ tested and it came out much higher than average but my grades do not say so. I really wish i could fully uinderstand my brain cuz this shit is fucked and also really interesting. All i have been told from testing is that my practicle thinking is through the roof but school work is difficult for me to understand which is deffiently true. I always relate my DIFFERNT tollerance to my DIFFERNT brain. Think of it that way i guess

P.S i have only used adderall twice and didnt feel anything

WTF HOW DID THIS HAPPEN... i just went off^

16. #17 Diminus, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    you ever get checked for dyslexia? There are different types. I have it. Took years of practice to master my spelling. Reading does not give me issues I just miss spelled words on paper that I could easily spell verbally correct lol
    But I too have a very high IQ according to tests.
    Dislexic people tend to visualize things better in their minds and are very creative.
    Could possibly be what you have