Anyone here had your wisdom teeth out?

Discussion in 'General' started by valogirl666, Oct 9, 2012.

1. What was it like?
    I'm getting mine taken out two weeks from today and I'm kinda scared. What's it like after? Do they pain Meds work??
    Also what did you eat/drink? And how long til you could smoke again?

2. theres a bajillion threads on this already. yes the meds work they give you plenty of refills. eat soft stuff, the surgeon will advise you. stay hydrated that speeds healing. i didnt smoke for like 5 days after, in short dont smoke until your healed because if it does cause complications you wont be smoking for a long time. get edibles and or tincture if you can.

3. It's different for everyone. I went out that night and ate pizza (very slowly). But, some people swell and are stuck in bed for a day or 2. My girlfriend is actually getting hers out on the 19th, and she does horrible with pain.

Just listen to the docs advice, at most it will only suck for a few days. But you could be like me, and it not really effect you.

4. I scream, you scream, everybody scream for morphine.

5. just make sure you get them out on wednesday, any other day and you're fucked. also, if you have a dog make him a peanut butter sandwich

6. it fucking sucks have fun smoking with your jaw basically ripped out

7. It didn't hurt for me, I was super drugged up, expect a lot of bleeding and only eating pudding. Oh I also couldn't feel my face for a day and a half.

8. i didnt use any medication i wanted to see if i could handle it and yes it sucked

9. I didn't feel mine get taken out and some of mine were coming in sideways. They DRUG you up before they take them out

Dude dont smoke for like a week. Haha I smoked the next day and everyday after that and it took me a couple months to fully heal and I got dry sockets. Do yourself a big favor and just don't smoke for the first 5 days snd take it easy when smoking after that. You do not want dry sockets and smoking is a quick and easy way to get them

Also my mouth didn't even hurt after I got them taking out. The hydros would make me to sleepy and i needed to work so the next day I just sold them and bought weed with that money and would just pop some Advil every once in a while but I was never in pain like I here some people are

10. You'll be fine.

I cannot believe how many wimps are out there.

11. [quote name='"finshaggy"']And the nurse told her that I would have to shotgun the smoke to her for a few days. So if you have someone that can shotgun the smoke you can still get high, but you don't want to smoke or you'll get dry sockets[/quote]
    This. I had to have someone load the bong for me and then I would slowly inhale. If your gonna smoke fold up the cotton and make sure it is firmly pressed against the open sockets so no smoke can get inside those holes. I always broght extra cotton with me because when you smoke with those in your mouth it cause you to get a lot of saliva

12. Yup I got all five of mine taken out.

I went camping not long after it really is a case to case thing.

EDIT: I smoked that night I believe.