Anyone here go to KU?

Discussion in 'General' started by suburbantoker, Oct 18, 2008.

1. #1 suburbantoker, Oct 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2008
    Thinking about going there, but have a few questions I'm sure the tour guides wouldn't want me asking ;).

-Bud... Good, cheap, plentiful, laws?
    -Nightlife... How old do you have to be to be in the bars, 18+,19 like some other states?
    -Girls... be honest now... is it some cornfed hick kansas chicks or are there some sexy ladies there.
    -freshman dorms... if money isn't an issue, is it worth it to try to get a suite dorm? i went into maccullum or whatever and it seemed pretty damn ghetto.
    -Cops... are they a hassle or if you mind your own business they will don't give a fuck.

2. Never heard anything about it, but you should never live in a dorm. Contrary to popular believe it's actually cheaper to live in an apt with a roommate. Plus you get your own room and can cook, saving a ton of money.

And most bars allow 18 year olds before 10pm, especially if there is live music.

3. Although I'd agree it is cheaper... i went to a small high school where there weren't many people, living on campus for my freshman year is something i've been looking forward to... so many new poeple, less work involved meeting them, and much easier to find parties as a freshman