Anyone here addicted to Diablo 2?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dying Giraffe, Mar 26, 2003.

?

Have you been addicted to Diablo 2?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Never played it, but heard it was really addicting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never even heard of it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

1. you SO have not found the deapth of the game.

yeah it can seem a bit tedious at times when you find yourself starting NM with your 40th character doing the same old shit again... but thats not what its about...

its about trying to build amazing characters, finding the balance of the build.

its about getting your MF character to find all the best shit in the game.. windforce, occulus, that crazy belt and the shaftstop etc etc...

its about making your own cool items in your cube either crafted recepies or by any other of the hidden combinations... or it's about finding the right runes and then waiting holding onto that Jah and that Gul until you find the toughest sword with the right no of sockets ... only then have to run around almost wetting yourself with anticipation until you find that one last eth again before u can make it....
    or similar with other rune words...

its about making friends online (much like we do here at the city) and going out releaving some tension as you smack the hell outta some monsters for a few hours...

its about getting together with ome friends for an afternoon and going on a hunt for the ultimate 4 on 4.

it's about being a zon and finding people stupid enough to duel against ya.

its about being a sorc and trying your damndest to avoid a zon's arrows as you zap launch your frozen orbs about.

its about the thril of chance (same thing for gamblers) ... will you get that item youve been waiting for this time mef dies...

its about trying to keep your stupid merc alive long enough to give him a potion or to have him level up.

its about teamplay.

its waaaaaaay more than just kill monsters, get better items, kill better monsters.

there are 7 differant characters. and wo knows how many differant variations of character builds there are for each (at least ten each for the ones i know)

its a big, BIG interesting game.

2. I never played D2, but I was addicted to the first Diablo for a a while. I spent hours and hours online until I could go to the 13th level and kill diablo myself whenever i wanted.

3. Man, if they ever make a Diablo 3, I swear to God I'll never do anything again. I love the game (and I don't even play online).

4. my firend sold his d2 accounts and made like 500$ and then added to the money he already had and got a car. another friend of mine just sold 2 daoc accounts for 400$ he just started playin shadowbane i think i might start playin that too.

5. It's aboot perfection.

6. DONT!

i was the same.

if u get addicted to playin single player just stay the hell away from bnet (its free u know) because playing online is like about two thousand times better and more addictive.

its like... uh...

Single player ofline Diablo2x = chocolate
    Multiplayer closed bnet diablo2x = crack

7. Great analagy, I would modify it slightly though.

Single player offlind Diablo2x = crack
    Multiplayer closed bnet Diablo2x = Wait... There's something outside my room? O no! My refrigerator is empty, and I haven't eaten in 3 days! What's that pile of rags over there in the corner? Oh, it's my dog. He's .... what? He's dead? Oh well, I'll see Kashya about that later. Wow... there's 37 messages on my machine. (hits button) "Hey man, where've you been? It's been like 3 weeks! Come on dude, you're starting to worry me." ... eh, i'll listen to the rest later. OOO, I think I'll start a new sorc, and this time I'll use abilities that suck, just to make it interesting. Aaaaahhhh.... my ass groove is still warm!

Yeah, i was addicted to single player first too. That's how they get you started. single player is a gateway mode. be careful with it.

8. i'm addicted to D2!! it just kept calling my name. then we got a download that lets you edit your character. so i maxed out evrything thing and beat the game in one afternoon - start to finish. that pretty much got it out of my system.

9. does anyone else play USWest?
    post your account names
    mine is Be|gar

10. i play on USEast.

/w *happy-chicken

11. USEast darklord721

12. someone come play D2 im on now and bored Darklord721

13. Any one ever play the original Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast?? I'm obsessed...lol