Anyone heard of or used "Mighty Wash" for Spider Mites? Frequency Adjusted Water???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JollyStoner, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Usually when I stop in at my local hydro shop, I chat with the owner for a few minutes and he usually gives me alot of good advice. He knows I'm a regular customer there so sometimes when he doesn't have a particular product that he's recommending, he will actually tell me to look for it online rather than trying to sell me a substitute that might not work...

Today I stopped in to buy a few things and we got to talking about spider mites. He showed me this stuff called "Mighty Wash". It's supposedly a "Frequency Adjusted" WATER that is supposed to kill all stages of spider mites... Like WIPE THEM OUT. The guy was SWEARING BY IT!

I looked at the ingredients on the back and it said something like 99.(something)% WATER and the rest being "inert ingredients". I was a little skeptical.

Has anyone ever heard of this stuff? Tell me, what is "Frequency Adjusted" water? I can't find any reviews online other than a Youtube video of some dude that claims it works great. :confused:

This is pretty much all the info you'll see on this product:

Sunlight Supply, Inc - Horticulture, Lighting, and Gardening Wholesale - Mighty Wash

2. I used it last week on a garden that was tented out, no more tents and mites. Great stuff much better then that SN17 crap that is $14+ per 4 oz bottle you get a quart for the same price and works much better.

3. It really is good shit!

4. Wow interesting... I was a little worried thinking I'm gonna be buying overpriced water.

Shinchan, if you continue treating your plants with this stuff can you please keep me posted as to the long term results? I'm curious to know if it really wipes them out for good.

Thanks!

5. UnfortunatelyI cannot give any advice on that product. But I would like to ask another question in this thread. When I worked for a tropical plantscaping company I ran across numerous kinds of pests, diseases, and other problems. This was due to the massive size of the gardens we were tending to. My boss' solution for spider mites, millie bugs, and other leaf and stem pests was to take a diluded alchohol solution and wipe down the leaves and stems with it. 99.9% of the time this worked. I was wondering if you could do that with MJ? The plants I was tending to were aglaonema's, spaths, crotons, etc...Thinking about it, it seems (especially during flowering) that you wouldn't want to do this because of the trichs. But will this work on vegging plants if pests arise?

6. OP...i would say go for it if your regular shop recomends it...if it doesnt work next time you speak with the guy at the shop let him know...im sure he'll throw you a bone in the name of business

sirschism...mites dont like the sugar leaves...trichs thwart their intentions...

so you could in theory still use the alcohol solution on the big fans that have little to no trichs. given that MJ is not sensitive to the application....i might try this next time they flare up

no pest strips work quite well but are in no way a final solution

im a landscaper too so i always end up bringin something inside from time to time...and i bet people over in the netherlands get mites out the ass being the flower capitol of the world

7. #7 JollyStoner, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011
    I think I'll pick up a bottle and give it a try but I'm also planning on hitting the plants with Floramite SC just to be sure (Have them on Azatrol/SM-90 right now) so I won't really know if this stuff alone worked. I'm starting an 8 X 8 foot grow. I know that's not a "HUGE" grow but it's big enough where I can face some serious issues if they come back.

8. If you hit them with Floramite SC, I doubt that you will need anything else. If you read the sheet on the Floramite, you're not supposed to apply anything else after.

Watch how much and how often, or you will just breed resistant mites.

Wet

9. Floramite is what I'm going to use at the end as a final nuke. I read that you just need to give it 1 application because it's good for 3+ weeks and that should be enough to break the breeding cycle of mites. Correct me if I'm wrong.

10. Have you guys heard of Longipes?

11. You are correct.

I have both Floramite and Forbid for alternate treatments.

One treatment of Forbid, many months ago and no more mites, yet. Of course, I know they will show up again, sometime, especially with the warmer weather.

Wet

12. I have. When we switch to flowering I'm planning on releasing predatory mites as a preventative measure since I don't want to spray anything on the buds.

I found this business that sells different types of predatory mites. You can contact them to let them know what your growing conditions are they'll suggest the right species that will best suit your environment.

www.benemite.com

You just have to make sure you release them after your pesticides/neem have worn or washed off otherwise the predators will die too.

13. I would offer you to use caution when using alcohol on your plants, I use up to a 50/50 mix of alcohol on my baby girls, you need to use a surfactant like coco wet or a drop or two of dish soap to break the waters surface tension. Alcohol only kills what it comes in contact with and does not kill many of the eggs. There is no residual value to alcohol. I only use alcohol in the veg room as it will dissolve your crystals, only use at most once a week because it will dry out the leaves like it dries out your hands. I only use 91% or 99% alcohol. Do not use as a drench for bugs like fungus gnats, you will be disappointed with the outcome. Drench leaves well and dob excess alcohol off of plant, turn fans back on and let dry out for a few hours before putting back under lights. This will help to control your mites, you will probably never get rid of them but you have to be vigilant to control them. Safer soap will kill eggs but i would recommend that you drench plants and wait about 5 minutes and wash off with water and let dry. do not put freshly treated plants back under lights for any reason, you would be better off shutting them off for awhile. Good luck

14. I used azamax for awhile (essentially the same chemical as azatrol) But mites will build a resistance to it quickly.

15. I would offer you to use caution when using alcohol on your plants, I use up to a 50/50 mix of alcohol on my baby girls, you need to use a surfactant like coco wet or a drop or two of dish soap to break the waters surface tension. Alcohol only kills what it comes in contact with and does not kill many of the eggs. There is no residual value to alcohol. I only use alcohol in the veg room as it will dissolve your crystals, only use at most once a week because it will dry out the leaves like it dries out your hands. I only use 91% or 99% alcohol. Do not use as a drench for bugs like fungus gnats, you will be disappointed with the outcome. Drench leaves well and dob excess alcohol off of plant, turn fans back on and let dry out for a few hours before putting back under lights. This will help to control your mites, you will probably never get rid of them but you have to be vigilant to control them. Safer soap will kill eggs but i would recommend that you drench plants and wait about 5 minutes and wash off with water and let dry. do not put freshly treated plants back under lights for any reason, you would be better off shutting them off for awhile. Good luck

16. sns 217

get it

and

hot shot pest strips

:bolt:

mite holocaust

17. As one of the inventors of this product I can assure you that Mighty Wash does indeed work just like you are describing it. After 10 years of research we "imprinted" pure water with frequencies that do kill the spidermites with NO HARM to the plant. This is work that started with Nikola Tesla and has advanced to the present day. I am pleased with the response
    to these products and I am happy to offer a clean solution to spidermites.
    We have also determined that Mighty Wash can be used RIGHT UP TO THE
    DAY OF HARVEST with NO RESIDUES in the finished medicine!\
    P.S. Because the mites are killed with frequency they CANNOT become immune
    to Mighty Wash... Namaste, Love to you all

18. nicotine wash! cheap, very effective and harmless to flowering plants.

19. This post was about "Mighty Wash", why would you start talking about using alcohal to rub on the leaves of the plant? That's dumb. Alcohol will break down THC, kinda like after your done trimming and clean your trim gear?!? I'm so tired of hearing noobs who don't grow comment on stupid stuff. Seriously, Mighty wash works, and if your late stage, or past week 3 of flowering, it's the correct product to use. As for using rubbing alcohol on your girls... it's probably the most moronic pest solution I've ever heard of. Alcohol stripes, and burns your plant, why would you ever use that?

20. Just adding to it--I used Mighty Wash and it worked great! Not every store out there has it but I was able to get a quart free when i called into a radio grow show online and they sent it to my store--

This was a couple of weeks ago, but after 8 days I've not seen the problem since. I would have never heard of mighty wash if i didnt come across the hydroponic radio show online--the owners of m.w. should advertise more