Anyone have similar problem with kind k5 xl 1000 ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Pileit, Jul 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. We have several kind k5 1000. They do well growing. We also have many fluence spydr x plus, fluence 2i and a few gavita led 1650 and 1700. We started out with 15 k5 1000 kind led,s and several gavita hps. They all do well. My fault with kind is i have had 5 crap out on me. The first run one stopped working. Second run another crapped out. They were sent in and they took care of them. They werent put into service until the free shipping to and from kind was over. I beleive first 90 days they pay shipping. They sat in boxes for about that before the room they were going in was finished. They are 2.5 yrs old and grow good bud. We have had 3 more recently stop working properly. The led screen goes blank and no led lights light. The fans all come on but no lights or led screen. A real hassle to ship them and now out of warranty. I called and emailed asking if this was a common fault and reply was no. I was hoping they could tell me what the common failure was. Shipping is expensive on a heavy light. They claim they havent heard of it happening. We have several rooms and several quest dehumidifiers. Humidity is seldom above 50 percent in flower. The lights are clean and have never gotten wet. Out of dozens of led and hps lights, these are the only failures. All kinds of dehumidifiers, air conditioning units,lights, co2 monitors and other fragile equipment. I have replaced them with fluence but will try to see if someone locally can repair them, was hoping someone may have an idea what part may be at fault?

2. Update. A local electronics guy tested them. He found a driver bad. He ordered some and light working again. Parts were 18.00 bucks u.s. per driver. Each light will require one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. This is the part that failed.

Attached Files: