Anyone have G5 Vape Pen?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by brookeybrocky, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Just got the g5 portable vaporizer.
    The heating element is working, bc it gets hot... I put the screen in about 2/3 down like it says too, I don't think I'm over packing it either.
    But I'm not getting high.
    So I'm not sure what's the problem..
    Any tips, suggestions, or answers to my problem with it?

2. did you figure it out?

i found this review on it, and it seemed like the greatest thing ever for it's price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH5ZZ5zeZys

3. Seems as though this guy is just trying to sell you on the concept which doesn't actually vape, it combusts. I laughed when I was watching the video and he said that you had to clean out the ashes. Hahaha! There are no ashes in vaporizing, so he totally lost all credibility with that comment.

I do own this pen or I wouldn't be so sure about what I'm posting. I didn't finish the video so I don't know what they're asking for it but you can buy it online from distributors in China for under 30.00. The only thing I use it for is Kief and Hash and yes it does burn/combust. I use it along side my EQ Vaporizer as an electric pipe for my Kief & Hash and that's all.

The ceramic filter gets loaded with tar and gunk, just like smoking and needs to be cleaned a lot with often usage. Surprisingly the heater coils in this cheap unit last longer than the Atmos Raw I bought (long time ago) for a lot more money. The blue paint will begin to chip and the rubber piece covering the button that you press will break rather fast (30-60 days), mine is just hanging on by one piece so I better tape it up soon or the button will pop out as it has before.

So, its NOT a vaporizer AT ALL but its a sexy looking e-pipe that's good for hash-Kief -Concentrates. I'm a heavy MJ user and if I'm going to combust it I'd be better off rolling a full joint as it would take all day for me to get a buzz from this e-pipe due to small chamber.

I hope this helps. Cheers!

4. @[member="Hypnotica"] yeah you're totaly right about it not being a vape pen it just combusts the weed. i use it for weed all the time and i have to clean it alot!! i toke out of it about 7 to 10 times a day and i've had it about 3 weeks ago.

when i first got this "g5 vape pen"  i got it for 80 dollers but it was labled as 90.00$ little did i know that this goes for as cheep as 30-45 dollers. basicly i got pretty ripped off. now to add insult to injury i had to go back to the same smoke shop to buy another cereamic heating chamber because the one i had broke the very next day. ever since then its worked like a champ. you just got to take out that gay ass spring that gets in the way of your weed in the heating chamber. i would recconmen it if you want to take sneaky tokes between classes or on break at work. grind down the tree and pack it nice a fluffy not to fat and let the coils heat up and inhale. it works okay for weed i guess. 

5. Glad that you finally got one that is working, and sorry to hear about the price.

I use mine for Kief and Hash and its great for those two, but I have problems with my lungs so I use my Arizer Extreme Q as my main and the G-5 just for Kief/Hash. I only paid about 35.00 from a online store in Asia. Took a while to receive it but at that price I didn't mind, so if you need more replacements, check the web.

I also found a great tool to use to help keep it clean. It's a LED Ear Pick that I bought off of eBay for 1.50. It lights up and you can gently use the plastic piece to scrape out the inside without destroying the coils. It's made out of all plastic so you have to be gentle when using it to dig and clean the resin and crap while seeing the inside as bright as day. It's the only thing I will use to clean it.

Cheers & Stay Lifted.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1379142803.405207.jpg

6. #6 jae0072, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013
  7. Im having a problem with mine I got it yesterday and worked fine all day and into last night i drained the battery plugged it in and then when i went to use it this morning and the the button light blinks 5 times and the LCD lights up and reads 000 and the battery bar is full any ideas on how to fix this issue