Anyone have experience with fasting?

Discussion in 'General' started by adamp, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Was just wondering if anyone on GC had any experience with long term fasting, I'm on day 4 of my first 10 day water fast and I need some advice :)

2. the first 5 days i here is hard, after that a breeze, i would recomend juice and water, if you wanna be safe.

3. Right on.

I've done all the research I need to do on it as far as with my doctor goes, but what I'm really interested in is if smoking herb while fasting is beneficial or not. So far I have found it to be a good painkiller and equalizer, and the munchies are pretty easy to combat, so I'm wondering basically if pot is adding to the very toxins I'm trying to rid myself of. If not, I'm going to continue to toke :)

4. agreed...especially since this is ur first..u still need sugars
    i hope this is a fast...and not an attempt at losing weight or something like that

after you fast a few times...non consecutively of course...you can also get used to tricking your mind inot let telling ur tummy to feel empty...

5. I'm currently on a fast. I've done tons of them before, more than I can even remember. Nothing but water for a chunk of days, nothing but diet coke and water for a week, nothing but juice and water, etc etc. I'm on the 7 day Cabbage Soup diet right now. I'm doing it for 8 though. On day two of it currently. I really don't know what to tell you about the smoking thing. I've read so many places that you should not smoke (cigarettes) or use any kind of drugs (including weed) or alcohol while on a fast. Just because you're trying to get rid of toxins, not add to them. Whatever, I can't give up my nicotine, THC, or Adderall so :D toke on I say. Just be careful you don't black out or something from low blood sugar after you smoke. It's happened to me countless times, even when I wasn't on a fast but also wasn't eating much. Drink lots of pure fruit juice, if you can make it yourself, that's even better. Good luck man, you can do it!

6. I've done fasts a numerous amount of times as well, to gauge the psychological effects of sleep deprivation in combination with fasting, and honestly, it's pretty amazing.

Are you fasting to lose weight, or is it under other pretenses?

7. as a muslim i have experience fasting, no food no water no gum during the day for a month, its really hard at first then later on you get used to it, one thing that i've noticed is it makes your senses sharper you can hear, see, and smell much better it also cleans out your system

8. don't smoke...it's counter productive, plain and simple

9. I've done it while binging adderal. Interesting experience.

10. What is the purpose of fasting?? It seems pretty stupid to me man... I don't know I have to fucking eat something.. I'd go crazy ..

11. Usually for religious purposes. I did it too lose weight and get an idea of what a mass majority of people feel everyday. (world starvation).

12. Various reasons really, to clean toxins from the body, to lose weight, to lose water weight, religious reasons, sickness, to change bad habits, or to fuel bad habits unfortunately. If you saw my typical daily intake of calories, carbs, etc, you'd think I was on a permanent fast or something. I usually consume less than 300 cals a day. Fasting to me is just a way to force myself to avoid food even more. I'm hoping maybe my week long soup fast I'm currently on will help me change my ways and boost my metabolism. So yeah, many reasons to be on a fast.

13. yup, been fasting and toking. its not a very strict fast, but i only eat like small meals once or tiwce a day. like a bagel and coffe in the morning, and after my workout a nutrient and protein shake. about 1200 calories in all. working out after a bong hit is awesome too, and helps you get into it and not feel it as much either. more endurance.
    ive lost almost 40 lbs, and feel so healthy.

14. the whole point of fasting is to purify your body of foreign substances

weed is a foreign substance to your body

15. First you'll need a big tub of lube and you also might want some latex gloves...oh wait... fAsting.....ah, I know nothing of that.

16. i did not eat all of yesterday and by 10 pm i had a splitting migraine so ate.

what is the reason for this?

edit: it is important to know i was not hungry the entire day even while eating, due to zoloft (sertraline). and in the last 10 weeks on zoloft i lost 20 pounds simply because im hungry for maybe a meal a day, if at that.