Anyone have experience with a blood test?

Discussion in 'General' started by PulseShock, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Hey guys, I have blood test coming up sept 12th. I am a habitual smoker and have smoked 8-10 small bowls every day for roughly 3 years. I stopped smoking last the night of aug. 26th as that was the day I found out of my impending blood test (I had assumed it was urine and I have synthetic). That would make it 16-17 days clean before my test.

I'm 5'8 155 lbs at around 12-15% body fat. Since I have learned of the test I have ran a least 1-2 miles a day to try and burn what remaining fat I have off.

Has anyone ever had to take a blood test? What are the cutoff levels for blood testing as far ng/ml goes? Is there ways I can clear the remaning THC metabolites from my body? Is it possible they are only testing for active levels of THC considering I'm taking UA as well as a blood test? Sorry for all the questions but any help would be awesome.

Also I am considering having my own test done on my blood at my local hospital. How would I go about asking the hospital or my doctor to test my blood for thc?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You can increase your odds by doing cardio until 7 days before. For the final week, eat like shit and be lazy, and gain fat. This way you won't be breaking down thc that is in your fat store and releasing it to your blood stream. I am 85% sure about this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. That actually sounds like a legit plan. In theory it sounds like it would work.. if my body has too calorie intake, in theory, it shouldn't burn my fat.. did you come up with this on your own? Lol.

4. How accurate is NORML detection charts though? On drugs.com it says it takes 2 weeks for habitual users, and anecdotal evidence from people on this forum suggests it could take weeks if not months..

• Like Like x 1
  5. yeah sure. i test my blood . my blood group is A+ .

6. I don't mean test my blood type, I mean I test my blood for drugs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hilarious. Obviously I Googled it, but the info I found on various sites is contradictory to what I've read on this forum and other forums. Some sites say it's out in 3-7 days, some say 2 weeks, some say it stays in your blood for as long as the THC is stored in your fat which could be months. I'm obviously looking for people with experience in blood testing methods. Troll on.

8. Well, experience really amounts to jack shit in terms of drug testing since biologically everyone is different therefore narcotics pass through one's body at an extremely fast rate while in another it can take an excruciatingly long time.

See, there is no real practical science someone with experience can draw from to give you an answer to your particular problem...All anyone else can do is the same thing Google did and tell you personal experiences, whether or not you choose to believe in one or the other isn't aided by what site you find the opinion on.

Science and shit.:coolalt:
    [​IMG]

9. Gathering anecdotal evidence from people who have had to take a blood test is the only resource I have. I can only find that through Google (which I've done extensively) and through people on this forum. Regardless of biological metabolic rate, I can still get a ballpark figure of how long it takes to rid the THC of my bloodstream. I'm open to any helpful ideas, and simply googling doesn't provide all the info I seek. My career is on the line so I'll try and go through as many channels as possible until I take the test.

10. Which is going to be the exact same ballpark figure you get from Google.

You're fooling yourself if you think there is anything more that anyone can do for you.:coolalt:

11. Again, Google has a ton of contradictory information. I also can't have a direct one on one conversation with said person by googling random articles and forums. Im willing to take any and all info from people who have had blood tests. I'm sorry if you don't agree, but it's my career and I will take all precautions necessary.

12. my wife is a RN, she does regular blood tests for her, and patients doing these tests. one week is max, but more accuratley 2-3 days. Don't smoke for about a week and you will be fine brother.

13. That's really awesome to hear. Do you know if they were testing for metabolites or active levels of THC? I have to take a UA and a blood draw, so I kind of assumed my blood draw was just for recent use considering UA checks for THC-COOH. But you never know if they test for metabolites too in blood.. thanks for reply.

Also, when you say she is tested do you mean the facility she works at tests her blood for drugs? And if so does she smoke?

14. Her words "If they are doing a UA he needs to be clean for at least a month, but in blood the lab will only test for active THC, which even as an active user will only detect for a week maximum."

Yeah she smokes, the hospital she works at tells them when they will be doing tests, and its always blood. They are honestly only looking for opioids.

15. oh ! sorry . No I don't test my blood for drugs.

16. Wow that's so reliving to hear. I have a clean friend so I will sub his pee, but the blood test I had no answers for. My test is for a x-ray tech, so I bet it's very similar to what a nurse would have to do.

Can you ask her if shes ever heard of any blood test that would test for metabolites for a pre employment blood test? Just double checking lol. Also do you mind if I ask what state she works in?

17. Oh wait. So it's for a position at a medical place/hospital?

They only drug test you once, which will be your UA, but since you're going to be working medical even in your position, the blood test is more than likely for a TB test.

Did they say that they would be double testing you both ways for toxicology?

To my location, look to my username and you can figure it out from there bubby.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum