Anyone have advice for the future

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by iamsomebody1, May 29, 2011.

1. #1 iamsomebody1, May 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2011
    For the last two years, after I graduated I've isolated myself from society and played online mmorpgs for unhealthy amounts of time daily. I had a breakdown of some sort a few months ago and ended up in a mental hospital for 3 days. I've finally come to realize that I needed a reality check and for the last two months I have been exercising and adjusting my "diet" to a much healthier one. Also quit cigarettes/lexapro/weed(I cheat with weed sometimes :)) after using them for a couple years. My dad died 8 days ago and it's been a setback for me, but I'm trying to stay strong. I wish I had friends to talk too because I get depressed about loneliness alot...I literally have zero friends who I can call up and just hang out with, I don't know where to start because I'm so shy I want to change badly though and I think I've been getting better socially since I've quit the games. I was thinking of posting a status on facebook asking people if they want to text, do you think I should?

2. Im not doing anything besides watching the news, do you need someone to talk to?

3. go to party, get drunk. socialize. You can be a complete shut in, but if you have enough drank inside you, you'll do just fine.

4. its not that easy for some of us flyin high. Did you know theres people out there so afraid of the opposite sex they have little to no sexual experience?? I'm just sayin it happens...

5. #5 iamsomebody1, May 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2011
    Yeah, I've only had one girlfriend in my life and dumped her after a month because I felt strange being in a relationship. People actually say I'm cute but I'm far too shy, one day I will get over it though. It's just so depressing knowing everyone else is out with friends while I'm stuck here exercising/studying/dieting all the time and seeing everyone post statuses on facebook all day, I actually have a little status update phobia.

6. Sounds like a rough time. As far ad your father I'm sorry to hear but there's nothing anyone on here can say to take away the pain with that. I'd spend time with family if you have any around and just give it time. Stay strong and know that you can get through anything. Do you work? I'd suggest possibly looking for a job at a video game store or something like best buy... Even someplace like wal mart or some restaurant. I know finding a job is tough but you would be surprised at how much you will interact with co workers and develop relationships that way. I'd stick with the workout regimen... Not only for the healthy benefits but that in itself will give you a boost of confidence. If you already hold a nice steady job I'd just hit up someone in facebook and see if they want to hang out. I know what it's like being shy but continuing to be that way in your situation won't change anything. You'll find a group of friends and let your guard down and find out people will like you for who you are. And I wouldn't shut things completely out of your life you enjoy. In a time like this you need something you can relate to and take your mind off of things. You just need to try and control it and not let them get out of hand.

7. my advice:

immerse yourself further in mmorpgs and talk to your guild when you get lonely...and use paragraphs.

8. ^ Dont listen to this man. Make your own way without the aid of a substance (except weed)

9. Facebook might help you socialize bit you must have friends before you can socialize so maybe you should go out like ppl said to parties or match bowls w someone

10. Well it sounds like you are turning your life around in a great way!
    Keep working out, and then it will be easier to talk to girls.
    Fuck the video games, they don't anything but make you addicted and have an even shittier life.
    That's great that your eating good now too.
    I also know the feeling of a father passing, my dad was gone when i turned 15.
    It seems like you are doing great for troubled times, trust me, some people go into complete isolation when things like this happen, but you have come out the other side.
    May i ask how your father died?

11. Sorry to hear that op. I would stop getting on facebook so much dude, it's just reminding you of what people are doing when your not. Just log on to check your shit then if no one is on you want to talk to get off. I would totally put that status up, you'd be surprised at how many other people are just sitting in doing nothing n want to chill.

Have you ever looked into meditation? Medicate and Meditate always helps me !

12. Yeah I feel alot better about myself, I'm headed down the right path for sure. My dad died from an overdose of heroin/alcohol but because of his blood sugar going through the roof. He was diagnosed with diabetes 6 years ago but continued to drink despite the doctor saying he would die if he continued drinking the way he did.

I do yoga a few times a week now, and I use to take lexapro for depression, but I felt like a zombie so I got off it.

13. you know what I do when i get pissed off that people i know are having fun on face book? i click that X and their posts never show up again. Speaking of zombies, life gets really boring which is why i talk to myself alot. My last day off, I spent the entire day preparing for a pretend zombie invasion. In real life...... think about it!

Try Zoloft!

14. A great man once said, "The future ain't what it used to be." So don't expect anything to go good unless you make it that way. Destiny is for suckers. Make your own destiny!

15. listen to the genius of Dr Emmett L Brown. "The future isnt written, no ones is. The future is what you make it,so make it a good one!"

16. That doesn't sound healthy..=p

17. I never said my solution was healthy but dammit man its the only chance hes got!

18. Do you live with your mom? Talk to her. Or call up one of your other family members.Aunts, uncles, cousins,grandma,grandpa; family is usually always there to comfort you and keep you company :smoke:

19. Dude just needs a girlfriend or boyfriend. Do you go to school or work? I hear thats what most people do...your prolly young to..dont sweat it

20. Yeah, going to school or work are 2 great places to socialize. You can also go to your local park :D