Anyone grown with led lights?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DoP slinkey420, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Hi I am looking for advice on using led grow lights and how they work out for people? How much where you able to yield? I just bought a led ufo 240 watt grow light. I plan on using it in a small closet so don't need much right now.

2. Yield will depend on the strain you choose, the time you take, and the techniques you use. What brand is your light?

3. Into my second grow in a closet with a Diamond Series XML-150

4. That light will not cover a 5x5 area. 3x3 tops. I would recommend growing no more than 2 plants under it.

5. Go to the Lighting forums

But yes. Like anything it depends on WHOSE leds

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
  6. That's what the specs said but I don't need it to cover more than 3 X 3 or maybe a 2 X 3. It's a small area. It has something like 2,300 lumens. 6 band spectrum. I chose this because it covers both flowering and veg. Low I. Energy use and I can have it closer to the plants. Also don't need a ballist for the light. I wanted to know people's experience with led versus other lighting sources. How much of a difference it is?

7. If you look around, there are many growers using LED of all sorts and getting good results. Still, HID tops LED when comparing watt per watt. If that LED unit draws at least half the watts its rated for, you should be able to get a decent yield if everything else goes right.

8. There the best. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427686464.800986.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

That one is rated for 225w so it will likely use about 150watts. That means it will cover an area of about 18"x18". You should be able to get a couple of oz of it pretty easily, maybe even 3. 

If you tried lighting up 25 square feet with it the plants would be very sickly and probably wouldnt yield you anything

10. Definitely go with GoldGrower's advice.
    I don't know who came up with the 5x5 area.

HOLY FUCK. You paid $300 for that? Check out Mars-Hydro.com next time, you could've gotten a 350 ACTUAL wattage LED for that.

11. https://youtu.be/2O4vhid_ZP0

This one is a 5 band spectrum light. The only difference I see between the 2 is the extra spectrum band on mine.

12. ..Not to mention an extra 200+- watts....

13. Not sure what you mean right at the beginning of the video it states it uses 75 3 watt leds and that it is a 225 watt light. Exactly like mine minus the extra band

14. What are you talking about? I'm saying that you could've bought a 350 actual wattage Mars-Hydro Mars II LED for the $300 you spent on the UFO.
    Go to Mars-hydro.com and you will see what I am referring to.

15. I just checked your thread :) Very nice buddy. Probably about ~500 actual wattage :)

What's so good about that one? I don't get your point