Anyone grown anything from World of Seeds? Opinions?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Salguod, May 19, 2010.

1. Btw pathetic growers always blame it on the bank...I always first think did I do something wrong and even if its not my fault always remmeber that shit happens.Tell that you had bad experience and move on,don't be an ass and and spoil for someone else just because you cant do it or just had bad luck and got bad seeds...

2. Whats so funny?

3. ya it was good hell i'm still smokin some but medical??? na...
    i have had better bag seed grow's in my 25-26 years of doin this than that afghan kush gave me..it was a very big healthy super female as well...
    i was going to even breed it cause it looked so good, but we all know book's and cover's..lol
    wos is not a terrible seed bank with horrible genetic's...just charge like there stuff is awesome and off the chart's that's all..
    they should sell there strain's cheaper and even 10$ a seed is allot, that's 50 bones for only 5 seed's..
    in some aspect, you do get what you pay for but this is not alway's the case anymore with the seed industry..
    any mandala strain for 30$ a 10 pack...would shear destroy anything from wos...
    hand's down...femaleseed's the same way...no reason to charge over 30-40 a 10 pack with sales the way they are today...it's a crime shame on the wallet...
    i quit buying soma seed's cause of there prices..
    super genetic's yes...but damn! 120$ a pack or more??serious is the same way..i love there strain's and have ak-47 in my garden, but it was a 25$ seed..lol
    i hate the fact there ripping of us consumer's this way..
    and wos is real bad about it

4. I thought I might find some info about cannabis on this forum but it looks like all the rest. Bitch, moan, lie, brag, fight, act tough. Get a ruler, measure your dick and get it over with then we can talk about growing marijuana.

BTW, Mine is really small, IDK how to grow and your strains are definitely better than mine.

Next, if you grew 1-2 seeds you don't know anything about the strain so your opinion on the subject is almost worthless. You will almost always get a crappy seed in a 10 pack...I have sprouted 50 seeds to get a perfect mom. This is extra true for wild strains. This is one reason so many strains get bad names. I had to grow SLH 4 times to get a good cut because Greenhouse Seeds sucks and people refuse to recognize that so the cuttings are going around but they are crap. Finally got a good one and it was worth it.

If you want a very reliable seed go with the classics from MR NICE...TGA also has a couple very consistent strains. Looking for the award winning phenotype of today's "polyhybrids" is a waste of time unless you are willing to grow a few (at least 10) plants and look for the best mom (clone everything).

P.S. WOS Seeds average about 7 bucks on attitude, Almost Nobody else sells pure land races so ONCE AGAIN ANYONE GROWN THEM AND LIKED IT. I am interested in the Thai, Columbia and Kilimanjaro.

5. I just did the kilimanjaro from them, lol, funny that i just finished it and a two your old thread comes back up asking about it.

Overall its pretty worthless except as headsmoke. Its your classic spindly sativa, i topped tye buds multiple times during budding to get them denser and it worked well but they are still fluffy overall. More importantly they love to herm out and throw ball sacks everywhere if you even lower the ligbts an inch or stress them at all. Also it took about 14-15 weeks to finish indoors, its not super fast like they claim. It gets.some decent trich action towards the end but the calyx are small and the trichs are tiny. The smoke is nice and peppery and such, but cause of the herming i am gonna make most of it into extract. I am a landracey sativa guy and this one is not worth keeping around for me. I wondered why i hadnt heard more about it, and especially considering the flowering time i can see why, better strains from central america.and such if you are gonna do sativas inside. Outdoors could be a different game, who knows.

Tga, its funny cause all they have are polyhybrids, lol! The closest thing to a landrace in the breeding stock is exodus cheese. They do have some good phenos, but in my experience you need like 50 beans or even 100 to find a real keeper. Ive run 8 strains and have only kept two. I thought they were all keepers at first, but theyve one by one made room for better strains from elsewhere. Subcool even says yield is not a factor in his crosses, and unfortunately majority of the gear seems to have subpar yields, albiet very tasty, and good for hash, which is what both strains i have kept are for, lol! But im taking a break from their gear for a while, all the new stuff like jack skellington is just another cross of crosses they made, no real new genetic material is getting introduced anywhere. Also the much used space dude male is being retired due to unacceptable amounts of herming in strains made with that plant. Anyways, theres plenty of new breeders with amazing and new stuff coming on the market for me to pass up for tga considering their track record with me so far, lol.

6. If the TGA comments are directed at me I kinda forgot this was a landrace discussion after all the arguing.

And while it was not clear the way I said it when I said looking for gems in polyhybrids I was referring to the inconsistency of many of TGA's strains but a couple are very consistent. What I love about TGA is that the strains (despite their heritage) are very unique.

As for better seed banks I am sure their are many. I have yet to try any of the cali companies using the Chemdawg, OG, Sour D lines. I grow Bruce Banner and Sour D from clones of unknown authenticity and they are both bomber.

When it comes to landraces I am interested because our modern strains often behave very weird in the outdoor tropics and I am building a house in Central America. It seems like every seed bank either won't release their pure landraces or thinks we want crosses.

7. I did not notice the comments about hermies until now. That sucks. I am growing the Mozambique right now and the 2 x 3 free seed special (well seeds are in the ground). If they go past 11 weeks or herm I'll chop and bubble bag them. I hope to get a mom from the Mozambique but I'm really interested in using them to pollinate my stock for some seeds to send to Central America.

What South or Central American Strains do you have experience with? I know their are many but in my travels down there I always here disappointing things from smokers and growers. I think the native genetics have gotten so scrambled and acclimatized that its pretty much all the same these days (Down there... but collectors stock of those old strains is another story). They find some good seed in the bags from Colombia and Panama from time to time. I read on a Sativa thread just yesterday what I always here and its unusual to the region...That the best weed they grow is from Colombian brick weed. Most anywhere else the F1 from those plants would be better due to out-crossing, but that phenomena is dependent on increased genetic diversity and since they are so close to the source (Colombia) it does not work. Hence the plan to give them African genetics. I just found DTC99 and C99 seeds so I think that will be even better.

Anyways, I'd be interested in any CA SA landrace that you have experience with that might still be attainable from a seed bank.

8. OH and Holy Smokes Seeds are available through another breeder/site that sells them by the KILO 66,000 seeds for 3/4/$5000. I would suspect that an operation like that would really on fairly uncontrolled pollination so maybe a great pheno shows up once and a while.

9. I am currently growing out 9 kilimanjaros from World of Seeds which is a pure landrace sativa, but every plant has wide leaves and is branchy as hell. I've seen the pictures they post on instagram of their own plants and it shows their Afghan Kush with extremely long and skinny leaves like a sativa. I will personally never buy their seeds again.