Anyone grok what I'm talking about?

Discussion in 'General' started by Alphå, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Anyone? Nobody groks it?

2. So whats the point of this thread?...You want to try and catch up to "amsterdamalex" in useless threads started?

3. I ahajhjdghjgfhjgfhjghjdghdghjdgdgh@##%%%*&#^*^&*^#&*^#*#^*#GHUGHJGHJUGdgfgfhjghjgfjfg#&*#&*67867867867836#G#3g3hj it.

4. Actually I'm wondering if anyone has ever read a book by Robert Heinlein. IF you read it you'd get the usage of the word 'grok'.

Apparently we're devoid of book reading intellectuals on our city.

Grok basically means the same thing as when you get really high and think about something (like the meaning of life) and it becomes complete understanding, it becomes a part of you. You love it, you hate it, you grok it.

5. I knew that from Wiki, But didnt know it originated from a book.

6. Oh well. I guess because I haven't read one book out of the millions published ever, I'm not so smart.

Suppose I'll go lose some teeth and get back to screwing my sister.

:confused_2:

7. HAHAHAHAHA... I can't stop laughing at this... hahahahahaha...

I haven't book this read yet though

-AFD

8. Stranger in a strange land! I'm 1/4 through it. Got it right after I read Starship Trooper which is is the best military novel evar.

9. Pics or shens

10. yep heinlein is the man. read the book many years ago, wish i could find my copy. must be at my parents house still
    it is one of those important books you should read foniac. you will be better for it.

11. I love books that show how fucked up humanity is. Because it really is. It gets you wondering... Are the things we do as humans natural? Or are we unnatural?

12. I don't really read science fiction...but props to you...

right now I'm reading "The Chosen", by Chaim Potok...it's okay so far...

here's a teaser quote: "I learned a long time ago, that a blink of an eye is nothing. But the eye that blinks, that is something. A span of life is nothing. But the man who lives that span, he is something. He can fill that tiny span with meaning, meaning is not automatically given to life..."