anyone got any news on FL

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Ghostwarlock12, May 9, 2013.

1. anyone got a status on FL or something that is going on with it? also where can I look at these polls and what not.

2. Unitedforcare.org is the website that the initiative movement is being funneled through (previously knows as people united for medical marijuana a.k.a PUFFM). The legislature doesn't give a fuck what FL residents feel here. From someone living in the Capitol, the possibility of getting the initiative through this year is exciting. However it seems more realistic that 2015-2016 would be the year FL gets mmj.

3. hey as long ans something is in movement where its trying to get there for medicinal uses I'm okay with that. and thanks for the website.

4. The state either needs 700,000 signatures or 70,000, i think its the 700,000. To get it on the 2013 ballot, but it more looks like a 2014 ballot and it comes into effect 2015..

5. do you know where I can sign for that or when it pops up?

6. Check Unitedforcare.org sometime after June 1st 2013, the new petition should be ready by then.

7. Now that John Morgan (of Morgan and Morgan lawfirm) and Ben (forgot last name - but major fund raiser) are on board things could change for the 2014 ballot.
    John Morgan also parted ways with one of his attorneys (state legislature too) for the apparent difference in opinion about medical marijuana. 
    Charlie Crist (now a Democrat and popular former FL governor) is apparently planning to run for governor again, and currently is a lawyer on the Morgan and Morgan payroll.
    The last poll I saw was a 70% approval rating to allow medical marijuana in the state.
    The stars are aligning for Florida at last.  
    I was hoping that the new petition could also be signed online but so far no word on that.  The last petition had to be printed correctly and if copied had to be exact before it was counted as a signature.

8. Thanks!

DUDE FUCK YEAH!!!! That's all Im waiting for! keep me posted I need to know these things. 

9. bah i live in florida. shit it rough in the 941 cops will take u to jail for any amount. no matter how big or small. i hope the law changes soon or else i might end up back in jail for possesion.

10. see that's the one thing that I get scared of. good thing my connect comes to me and drops it at my place. so I dont need to take that shit anywhere else. I am waiting for the day it's legal so I can smoke a fucking joint wherever the fuck I want to. 

11. I think i

It's appropriate to say "motherfuck" before the police B)

12. Man sounds like Florida sucks , glad I'm in nor cal and can blaze wherever I want

Moved here from Cali 10 years ago... i miss cali big time @jpayso

@jeffyboii... all they have to do is watch old people and crackers... just keep it on the DL.  Or, if you are like me and can't find any out here in Lakewood Ranch.. i guess you don't have to worry.  Damn, I'd like to worry about getting popped with some fire!

14. #14 Deleted member 42976, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    Yea FL is a LLLOOONNNNG way off. Especially with this dickhead Rick Scott in charge. He just passed a bill that goes into effect on July 1st that will make possession of a pipe 2 times or a more an automatic third degree felony. Even if the pipe is brand new....not even used once.

15. Yeah I'm gonna need a source on the enlarged part. The only reason pipes constitute paraphernalia is because they have thc/marijuana residue on them. How could you be arrested for something that has nothing wrong with it? What's illegal about tobacco pipes?

16. From that;

paraphernalia” and includes an extensive list of items that are included in
    the term. It is important to note the items included as drug paraphernalia in s. 893.145, F.S., are not illegal to
    possess unless they are used, intended for use, or designed for
    use in a specified manner (e.g., intended to be
    used for growing a controlled substance).

Ergo the pipe would need to be dirty for it to be paraphernalia.

17. #19 Deleted member 42976, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  18. And if he does, he's just stalling, if I've learned anything about John Morgan it's that his persistence borders on radicalism! The fact that he's behind this and putting in such strong contributions means we have a real warrior on our side. Florida will get it, don't you worry-- it's just a matter of when.